What's new
What's new

Spindle taper ASA #350? - info wanted

Lumberjack

Hot Rolled
Hi,

I got this Mazak 18x60 (old manual lathe but new to me) which has a 3 1/8" spindle bore and it´s stated to have had a spindle sleeve ASA#350 to MT5. But googling asa 350 reveals very little information, actually one of the hits goes to amazon and an add for a mazak manual stating it lol
Not that I´m likely to need it any time soon but would be nice to know what to look for or make in due time. Can or course copy the taper and make one but yah. I´d still like to know what it should be!

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

I got this Mazak 18x60 (old manual lathe but new to me) which has a 3 1/8" spindle bore and it´s stated to have had a spindle sleeve ASA#350 to MT5. But googling asa 350 reveals very little information, actually one of the hits goes to amazon and an add for a mazak manual stating it lol
Not that I´m likely to need it any time soon but would be nice to know what to look for or make in due time. Can or course copy the taper and make one but yah. I´d still like to know what it should be!

Thanks

Check out this thread:

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...le-or-wanted/fs-large-spindle-sleeves-335020/

Ted

MH = Machinist Handbook? It´s a bit scarce over here I´m afraid. Would appreciate anyone just taking a photo and posting if it´s there.

Enjoy your weekend!

MH = Machinist Handbook? It´s a bit scarce over here I´m afraid. Would appreciate anyone just taking a photo and posting if it´s there.

Enjoy your weekend!

Machinery's Handbook:

Machinery's Handbook - Wikipedia

Not exactly FUN to have to dig for information. I like it best when its covers can remain closed. Should not be the only book on your shelf.

That said? It remains well worth picking up a used copy to have on that shelf, even if only as "last resort". It can easily pay for itself in a single go - even if - the information sought IS on the internet.. and is just harder to find, quickly.

2CW

Thanks guys, that's Great info!
Also sounds to me i need to get a copy of machinist handbok, i love such books..
As for the last year i have kept Conelleys book on my side board and spent endless hours reading and re-reading it.

Back