What's new
What's new

M 30 x 1.5 to ER 25 adaptor

rivett608

Diamond
I have a friend who has a no name brand East German lathe that would like to use some collets in it...... the spindle is M 30 x 1.5...... do they make something like a screw on adaptor to a ER 25 or other collet that is easy to get in Europe? ........ Making this on the lathe won't work so well as it is 4600 miles away.... Thanks

You can make it on any lathe if you can cut the metric thread. I've madea number of ER-32 adapters, mostly for 1-1/2 8, but some metric thread too (M39x1.5). And that's on an Atlas. The nuts and wrenches you can buy from the usual suppliers. What's the problem?

The Atlas itself is 1-1/2 8 spindle, but with change gears you can cut metric threads. Thread wires get you on size. A dummy spindle (threaded arbor) lets you dial in, mount the collet adapter body, and finish the collet seat. If you want to use the commercial nuts you have to thread metric anyway. May as well get used to it.

OK - gotcha....

I thoughtt hat you were saying that the Atlast lathe had a 39x1.5 threaded spindle mount - which I just couldn't hardly believe.

But that's not what you meant. Got it....

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back