What's new
What's new

Suggestions needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rvb88

Plastic
Right now we have pulleys & flange type parts, right from dia. 50mm to 300mm, where all parts have cnc and vmc operations, right from turning, grooving, OD drill, face drills(many), slotting, taper drill, etc.
Right now i am facing an issue of time. My machining time is higher according to me 15 mins cnc turning 15 mins drilling operations, but somehow i cannot reduce cycle times no matter how much i play with speeds and feeds.

We own some older machines though, i am using 15 yrs old Fanuc robodrill and where i haven't got even a coolant through spindle and 10 year old cnc's.

Iam thinking of buying some new machines.
And i am really confused about so many options available.

I checked mazak integrex j200s, awesome machine, but iam not sure whether my cycle times will reduce drastically, considering turning, slotting drilling and what not in same cycle.

Then later checked Brother's drill tap centers with mind blowing rapids and cycles, with cnc turining with double spindle double turret options.

Will integrex j200s justify running cost? Or using double spindle double turret with high speed vmc or drill tap center is better.

But then with cnc and vmc comes with added labour whereas machine like integrex saves labour, power, setting times, material movement etc.

And lastly initial costs... Vmc/drill tap center and dsdt turning cnc will cost same as an integrex, right?

Damn, iam too much confused!
Please suggest and help.

What he said...

Holiday-Inn-London-Brentford-Lock-9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back