What's new
What's new

Wanted: Manual for 1990 Acra WS-18VH mill.

Galane

Hot Rolled
Got my 'vintage' 1990 Acra WS-18VH powered up with a VFD and it is a bit noisy. Going to have to do the one thing I was hoping to avoid, take the head off and take the variable speed drive apart to find out which bearing or bearings need replaced.

It'd be very nice to have a manual prior to starting in with the wrenches. I posted a couple of pics of the head here. ACRA WS-18VH CNC Upgrade project. - a set on Flickr

Acra has no manuals for anything but what they're currently selling. Sales? Yes. Service? Not if they aren't importing it *right now*.

I'd like to know what Taiwan brand it really is, and if possible, other companies that stuck their name on this model. I know some Acras were really Sharp brand with an ACRA plate bolted over where SHARP is molded into the head casting, but to find out that on mine I'd have to take the head apart... which is what I need the manual for. :wall: Can't get at what's holding the name plate on.

I've taken things of all sizes apart since I was a wee lad in the mid 70's, and put most of it back together successfully, but it tends to be a bit easier with a manual. :D

Latest project, 1914 Sears Expert lathe. 1914 South Bend Lathe - a set on Flickr

Back