What's new
What's new

OT-Firefox 3.0

alg4884

Cast Iron
Is anyone out there using the new release of Firefox?

Comments, opinions, compliments, criticism's, etc.

I'm still using Firefox v1.5..... Only because my favorite Firefox "theme" (skin) isn't compatable with v2.0 or later.

alg4884

Happy with it

I installed v 3 just a couple of days ago. So far, I'm delighted. I like the AdBlock, and the built-in spell check, and the multiple search engine window. (I think these were all in 2.x, also. I just went to FireFox from IE7 a few weeks ago, during the "slow page load" debacle.)

I'm also running 3.0 and very pleased. I went to it on one non critical machine on day one, and then followed up with the other machines after a good workout. Add ons are getting brought up to speed fast, so thats excellent also.

I have found the latest Firefox to be extremely good.

Had a hell of a lot of problems with this forum with IE,..apart from being as slow as the second coming, I could not log on very often !! ( I know, go back to IE !! )

I kept away from their e.mail suite though, because it did not want to do what I wanted it to do.

Regards from Melbourne,Australia,

AAB

I've been running it on my Mac for a couple weeks and it has been fine, so far. If it has any new killer features they are wasted on me as I don't see them. It looks different, and there's a tabbed window pulldown so you can list tabs that are off the screen, but that's it. Like it's predecessor it's a pia to configure add-on applications.

The Noscripts add-on worked perfectly with it, but the only reason I was using it is because of the problem with ads on the PM board. That problem is gone so that add-on is turned off now.

Not a single complaint. I've used Firefox for a long time, and used all the beta versions of v3 over the past few months.

So - no more horror stories in upgrading Firefox like we had here a few years ago?

I am still on the original, which works, but must be antique by now. :D

John Oder

So - no more horror stories in upgrading Firefox like we had here a few years ago?

I am still on the original, which works, but must be antique by now. :D

John Oder

Nope. Smooth as silk. Upgraded mine, and really happy with it.
Mark

I found it a effortless and smooth upgrade. Only problem so far has been with ebay - I had trouble listing items for sale. The shipping info part just didn't work, had to use the dreaded Microsoft product instead.

Wondering if this is just an unforseen difficulty, or a conspiracy between ebay and the evil empire.

Richard

Back