What's new
What's new

Thermite = Monarchist = Thermite I'm confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antarctica

Hot Rolled
I thought Thermite became Monarchist a while back. Now I see a bunch of posts from thermite again. I scrolled though old thermite posts and he stopped on 9-23-15, made one post on 7-15-17, and restarted on 2-13-18.

I thought they were one and the same, but if you have two separate accounts Bill, that's a hell of a lot of posts...

I thought Thermite became Monarchist a while back. Now I see a bunch of posts from thermite again. I scrolled though old thermite posts and he stopped on 9-23-15, made one post on 7-15-17, and restarted on 2-13-18.

I thought they were one and the same, but if you have two separate accounts Bill, that's a hell of a lot of posts...

No fear.

You were meant to be confused by.. that ....visible .....part of it.

Rather than intimidated, astonished, or attracted as an enemy, some folk being hard-wired to attack the most visible of targets simply to prove their own worth or "courage".

Or so they think it is.

:D

OK -

Now I know its you - as I can't hardly understand what your talking about. Please don't be offended by that - its just that I never do.

Carry on...

That ability has been gradually improving over several years. I do not, after all, presume to teach "scraping".

"From each according to..." what might hope to reduce mental sloth.

A potentially devastating component among "modern" instant-gratification, ear-bud generation America's several self-imposed handicaps.

Just a thought ,but how about Thermite, Monarchist ,Bill etc ,doing a shop thread or putting some interesting pics on of what he gets up to in his shop.

Just a thought ,but how about Thermite, Monarchist ,Bill etc ,doing a shop thread or putting some interesting pics on of what he gets up to in his shop.

Not why I'm here. I don't hardly ever make chips. I hire it done.

I have the HOPE that every man-jack is a better craftsman than I am, or has been, or will become so.

Look at the posts.

Not about what I "invented". About what OTHERS have done, or where things can be found.
"Experienced, once upon a time" perhaps, but only as one of multiple thousands, even so.

I was young, then. They were already old. Their voices have been stilled for as long as 60 years already. Just as ours will be in their turn.

Otherwise the researcher or "library assistant" function. Conveying the lore of others on to the next faster than they have TIME to find it.

Make it too easy? Folks do not "take ownership". Do not "own" the process.

Make that just annoying enough a Pilgrim would rather do it himself?

Next time, perhaps he will.

Old Farts with old tricks eventually die. A new generation of Old Farts with old tricks, plus a few new ones of their own has to be ready to take over.

Last edited:
I see him more as a strange kind of linguist More intrested in the linguistic battle as in technique
Most of the time he is just a noise for me It would take me too much efford to try and understand him
Peter

I thought Thermite became Monarchist a while back.

He's got a 3rd account also. Still, after 27K posts, there have been 3 or 4 that made total sense to me. I'm not saying that's Bill, I have been known to partake in adult beverages on ocassion.
JR

I see him more as a strange kind of linguist More intrested in the linguistic battle as in technique
Most of the time he is just a noise for me It would take me too much efford to try and understand him
Peter

Not an issue. You seldom have the need of the content, essentially "never" for external incentives.

You are on the exploitable resource INPUT side of the table. The one to be "mined" for value more than a destination for it.

"Stone Soup" parties do have a leveling effect in their sharing, after all.

:)

giphy.gif

;)

He's got a 3rd account also. Still, after 27K posts, there have been 3 or 4 that made total sense to me. I'm not saying that's Bill, I have been known to partake in adult beverages on ocassion.
JR

When I was in 5th grade, I had the reading level of the average college graduate. But now that I'm close to that point myself, it's not as impressive as I thought it was as time....

I understand most of what he says, but there are some posts that make my eyes glaze over. OX can be about as bad sometimes too.

Got to respect the dedication though, I don't have the mental ability to write like that. Much less as fast and prodigiously as he does.

I thought he had forgotten his password and a new alias was easier to work out. When Thermite came back I guessed he finally remembered the old password. Getting old and forgetting things means you did not die young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back