What's new
What's new

thread pitch and size

Air Chunk

Aluminum
Hello! I am rying to figure out the thread pitch and size of a valve stem , just like on your car tire where the valve cap goes . All I have is a metric thread pitch gauge and I come up with 8mm with a .8 thread pitch . But I am not too sure if it is not an american std pitch as I do not have a gauge to cross reference.

What do you think the size is ???

Thanks!

IMHO it is .305-32, not anyone's standard AFAIK. I have made screw-on chucks for them, to go with my collection of hand tire pumps (try to have one in each vehicle)
I'd be interested in what you're making. I recently found that Midland Metal Mfg has these chucks, but brass with short thread engagement, instead of steel and long, not as nice or probably durable as I made. It was a PITA to single-point those internal threads. Need to make some more.

If you can't find what you need i have the Tire & Rim Assoc Handbook at work. It has ALL the specs! If you need it tomorrow, PM me and I can send you a scan of Schrader Valve thread specs that will help you.

Hello! I am rying to figure out the thread pitch and size of a valve stem , just like on your car tire where the valve cap goes .
Thanks!

Its most likely .305-32 as was stated by a prior poster. I got your PM, and sent you a scan of a section of the spec book back to your email.

Ping me back by email or phone if you need addtl specs. The book is 100's of pages long, but what I sent should cover you.

Mark

Back