What's new
What's new

Tool distributor and material supplier in South East?

Djstorm100

Cast Iron
Hey guys, it's been a while. Been taking some night classes at local community college and recently got my self a small CNC mill. Looking for a good tool distributor, I'll call or shoot a email for a few endmills and never get anything back. I'm not a shop, hobbyist that just loves the art. Have a few products I want to make but small steps.

There is a metal supermarket near me and they treat me ok, just seeing what else is out there. Most of what I'm cutting is 6061. I've been using lakeshore carbide for tooling. Mostly just 1/2" to 1/8" ball/flat endmills. Want to get some Helical/Harvey or Maritool to try out.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Well if you want Harvey or Maritool stuff, you just order off their websites...

Are you looking for guidance on what to buy? Maritool is unique in that if you have specific questions, you can just email them, or ask here. But you need to ask a real question, not just "what endmill should I buy for aluminum?"

Material is definitely worth finding good local sources because medium quantity shipping can be add a lot to the cost. Most suppliers will work with you if you know what you are asking for. You decide what you want, ask for pricing and availability, set up an account in your name, tell them you don't need to fill out a credit application because you will prepay. It does help to know what you want and what might be available. Look at McMaster or other online sources to find the common sizes/materials/finishes/tempers.

Well if you want Harvey or Maritool stuff, you just order off their websites...

Are you looking for guidance on what to buy? Maritool is unique in that if you have specific questions, you can just email them, or ask here. But you need to ask a real question, not just "what endmill should I buy for aluminum?"

Material is definitely worth finding good local sources because medium quantity shipping can be add a lot to the cost. Most suppliers will work with you if you know what you are asking for. You decide what you want, ask for pricing and availability, set up an account in your name, tell them you don't need to fill out a credit application because you will prepay. It does help to know what you want and what might be available. Look at McMaster or other online sources to find the common sizes/materials/finishes/tempers.

Thanks Newton.
I know what tooling I want for alumn. It's the ability to get someone to answer my call or get back to me when they do. I typical buy 4 of each tooling when I do buy. Flat 3 flute ZRN coated is my go to for alum. ZRN coated for anything alum. Harvey, no longer sells online. Found this out Monday when I called. I'm looking for guidance on tooling distributors to buy from. If you have a certain manufacture you like for basic end mills (ball, flat/corner radius/rougher/finishers) please tell me. Really just looking for good stores/distributors to buy from. I've only ever use lake shore carbide

Most of what I cut is solid square/rectangle bar, 6061.

Back