What's new
What's new

tool identification

Seth_d

Plastic
I have no idea what this is, it came with a box of machinist levels I bought and I figured I would hop on here and see what it is. It says it is made by the Sharp Machine Co made in Germany. thanks for any helpIMG_20170517_200805808.jpg

More generally, used to measure deviations from a plane defined by the three support feet. It seems a bit small (to me) to be an effective surface plate Planekator.

I have no idea what this is, it came with a box of machinist levels I bought and I figured I would hop on here and see what it is. It says it is made by the Sharp Machine Co made in Germany. thanks for any helpView attachment 199347

when you set knives on a wood jointer you generally use a tool like that to see if knives are parallel to table and at the same height.
it can be also use to check lap on parallel milled passes to see if height difference as you slide over to next parallel mill pass. often a .0003" or more difference in height of the milled passes

I have a similar one,marked"VOLLMER/VOR ARNAULD" and "Made in Germany"
I think it is used in saw sharpening, to measure the set of the teeth. At least, that's why I bought it!

Back