What's new
What's new

Tree 2UVR Electrical Help

JW_Works

Plastic
Does anyone have a Tree 2UVR mill electrical diagram.

We just purchased one for small jobs and wired it up. The table moves fantastic but when we hit the feed for the spindle it pops the breaker. I tried to rotate the spindle by hand to see if it was locked up and it moves just fine, could it be a bad ground? Or is it likely a dead spot in the motor or the motor is shot?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sorry I am not clairvoyant. And I have no experience with that mill so I can't make an educated guess from experience. So all I can do is offer sound trouble-shooting advise.

It has to be either a problem (short) in the wiring between the switch and the motor or in the motor itself. The first thing I would do is disconnect the wires at the motor and push the button again. If it pops the breaker, you have a wiring problem. If it does not, you have a motor problem.

Post the results and I or the group can offer further advise from there.

Oh, if it is the wiring, look for any obvious damage: pinched cable, burnt insulation, etc. Many electrical problems will show obvious symptoms.

I just purchased 2uvr that was wired 480. I only have 240v, so reconfigured the wiring at the motor for 240v. Now when I power up the machine, it seems like I have low voltage. None of the motors will come on. Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Not on any regular Tree UVR that I know of. Usually you have a motor starter, mine has two,(Allen Bradley usually) one for the spindle motor and the other for the table. These are boxes mounted on the RHS column of the mill. If these are 480V units, you might have to change them, if they aren't configurable for 240V.

Could also be a loose wire somewhere. You might take loose the peckerhead cover on the motor and make sure that none of the wire nuts or insulation has come loose. I know that if only 2 of 3 legs are being fed power most 3 ph motors will make an angry buzzing noise and then breaker will pop if it's set correctly.

Back