What's new
What's new

Tree 2vgc power feed adjust

I presume you are referring to the rapid traverse clutch ? Other than shimming the bearing cups for proper clearance there is no adjustment. If it's not working properly you will have to pull down and overhaul the gear box. The good news is that it is a very simple gear box and easy to work on.

Tree power feed adjust

Thanks Tony and Jason for your replies. The rapid works fine, the feed stalls when engaged,
move the handle and it takes off. The higher feeds are the most noticeable. But I assume
its the same clutch adjustment as the rapid. So back to total disassemble, ah. Great machine overall.

thanks again

Bart

Bart, I have had so many Tree machines in the last twenty years I have lost count. my current two are a 2VG-C and a 2UVR-C. Both use the same pedestal and gear box assembly. One thing I learned early on was to just pull the gear box and go through it as a matter of practice. These old manual machines are at least 40 years old and most have never had the GB opened up. If the rapid works fine, then it's not a clutch problem. Possibly a problem in the feed change mechanizim or some gear teeth gone. I still recommend pulling it down. No telling what you will find in there. I have found everything from half full of water to 3-4 inches of sluge in the bottom to a whole bunch of teeth missing. Have never yet had to replace a clutch assembly. The only time the clutch is engaged is for rapid traverse.

I have been through my feed box, no bad gear teeth! What could be causing the issue in the feed change mechanism? Its only stalling out in the higher feed rates. Rapid works great!
Any thoughts would be appreciated!!!

Back