What's new
What's new

Tsugami T-SPL 1 Wiring Help (Hardinge Clone)

chriszep

Plastic
Hello Practical Machinist overlords. I come to you hat in hand, seeking your wisdom.

Last year I picked up this Tsugami T-SPL1 Chucker lathe ( Hardinge clone) and stored it for a while until it finally made its way over to my shop. When I bought it the guy who sold it to me gave me two replacement contactors and the manual, and sent me on my way. Life got busy and it sat in the corner, fast forward to now and I am trying to get it running and am having extreme trouble figuring out what goes where.

I have a wiring diagram, but the numbered wires don't correspond with what I have. More or less, if ANYONE out there has a tspl and could send me photos/ bestow some wisdom as to how this should go together I would be eternally grateful ( and paypal you $20 for your time).

The other question I have, is one of the contactors he gave me looks brand new and isn't the factory one, does anyone know if I can get the exact contactors from anywhere??

Below are lots of photos that I annotated so they make sense. I greatly appreciate any help!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2111 2.jpg
    IMG_2111 2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_2110 2.jpg
    IMG_2110 2.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2108 2.jpg
    IMG_2108 2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1750 2.jpg
    IMG_1750 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 109
I have one of those. First photo is attached, I will have to shrink the megapixels to post it. I will also PM you with my email address and email back and I can send you full resolution photos.
Do you know the history of the machine and why Tsugami does not stock parts or give support? It is an interesting story.
Tsu#1rs.jpg

Unless things have changed they will not be much help. Legal reasons, goes back to a tale of industrial intrigue and stupidity. They gave me a little help way back when but it was pretty limited, I do not have an electrical diagram and they could not provide that. They actually wanted to help but their hands were tied.

I have one of those. First photo is attached, I will have to shrink the megapixels to post it. I will also PM you with my email address and email back and I can send you full resolution photos.
Do you know the history of the machine and why Tsugami does not stock parts or give support? It is an interesting story.
View attachment 221359

Oh man that would be so helpful!!Thank you!!

Yes I've done a lot of research on this machine in hopes to fine help online, its quite the story. Also to answer some of the other guys questions on here, I have reached out to Tsugami and they basically said "yeah our name is on that, but sorry we can't help you"

An unbelievably large thank you to FredC! There is just one area where I am still in need of a clarification. On Freds Tsugami none of his contactors have a model number sticker. If ANYONE else has one of these machines and can get me a model number for the MS2L contactor that would be the missing piece! IMG_2451.jpgIMG_2341.jpg

Back