What's new
What's new

Ultrasonic nozzle design problem

Kosa_PL

Plastic
Hello everyone,

So from some time I started working as CNC mill operator :D

And as Ultrasonic nozzles are not cheap here ( they want 180 Euro for ONE!), I want to make some myself.
But...

I have a problem with a design in Fusion360.

Somebody could help me to design this properly, and how to make it easy for DMG Mori EcoMill 70 ?

Dryfog nozzle.jpgWorkingPrincipleofultrasonicnozzles_1.jpgdsdsadsad.jpg

Cheers,
Konrad

Yeah first obvious problem, thats a lathe part not a mill part at least a significant chunk there off.

Secondly, 180 euro's sounds cheap considering what it takes to make those and have them actually work! Theres some cleaver things going on in those fluid flows!

Just to direct in right way.

I want to do this because 180Euro is about 800PLN per one, what is a half of my pay...
And when making 8m2 Fogponics garden you need 10-15 of them >.>

Just to direct in right way.

I want to do this because 180Euro is about 800PLN per one, what is a half of my pay...
And when making 8m2 Fogponics garden you need 10-15 of them >.>
Variable integrity eh ?

There is no excuse to stealing the design.

If they're common enough to be a commodity item (i.e. available from many suppliers) there should be price competition amoung the suppliers bringing the price down. If they're still 180 Euro after the competition there has to be something about the manufacturing and/or materials to make them that expensive, and they're not going to be much cheaper for you to make as it doesn't look like a bunch of handwork involved.

Ignoring the manufacturing issues I'd suggest that you simply use regular misters. There can't be a 25x advantage to these in a hydroponics system that the price suggests.

Variable integrity eh ?

There is no excuse to stealing the design.

Doug, You are off base.

Machinists make things all the time that are similar copies of an existing design.

The drawings/sketches are presented in the original post That is the design. It's not stolen from anyone.
Just because "someone: already makes something does not mean that similar items can not be produced by someone else. If that were the case, we would all be driving Diamler's or something ......

I agree w/Kepler and Cal. The OP is completely free to manufacture his nozzle design as he sees fit, and appears to be well versed in SW. But what he may not be able to emulate is the CFD that went into the original design. Transferring orifice diameters is one thing, testing flow with CFD software and then running trials for appropriate output is another.

IMO that's the portion of "design this properly" that is lacking and the OP would be ahead to purchase the nozzles unless super and subsonic flow analysis is something he wants to learn about. Education always has a cost and by the end of it he'll not be ahead of just purchasing the nozzles off the shelf, save for some lessons in what doesn't work.

Hi,

Yep, I also want to learn something from this design.

And actually working in Fusion360 with free license, ass it for personal use I don't worry that it is have cloud storage.
Also got offer from China supplier and they want 18$ per one , other one 55$.
150 Euro netto is a cost from Italy factory.
So also big part of price in this is: Import, Tax, Customs, $$ for seller etc.

And maybe somebody know, a easy to setup CFD ?

Thanks for that, .......one problem I can see is clogging, unless that feed water is pure (as in low chalk etc etc etc) and very well filtered, you are in for a whole bundle of trouble.

I don't see the big deal if he's making these for personal use. If for a business use or if trying to sell the nozzles then there's a problem.

Back