Steve Hammatt

Plastic
Hi
I'm trying to contact Moonlight Machine and the software has me stopped
with a reported "database error", and when I click on the help button,
my message asking for help results in the following:

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently:
* [email protected]

Would Moonlight Machine please contact me?
Super thanks.

Steve Hammatt
[email protected]
Mount Vernon WA USA
360-661-6060

One problem is that's not Moonlight. That's Milicron.

Per Milacron's business website, and yet a third one he and I use, it is a "stale" email address, even so.

Steve?

Just start over.

Those error messages are usually temporary. A wrong address should actually get you a different response than what you reported as on your screen. Or so it had done for me, at least once before.

Are you guys lacking in the reading comprehension today?

The error message is what results when using the help/contact us button on the forum, not when he's trying to PM Moonlight....

The error message is what results when using the help/contact us button on the forum, not when he's trying to PM Moonlight....

TeachMePlease? Just start over....

AR: in the reading comprehension

IATR: in reading comprehension

:)

Contact form works perfectly. I sent a live message on THIS VERY ISSUE as test.

DB error messages seldom last for more than a few minutes.

Maintenance run, usually. One common giveaway is "too many users".

Site is still presenting, but an active DBmin has shut access down to just themselves.

I think you're mostly correct, but just to clarify: Yes, the error message that I snipped and included did not come up not from trying to Moonlight Machine, but when I click on the help button that was contained within the notice of a database error when I attempted to send my PM to Moonlight Machine.

I attempted to reach John (Moonlight Machine) both yesterday and today, all with the same results.
I'll try again and see what happens. In the meantime, if John (Moonlight Machine) happens to see this conversation,
please give me a call, email, text or something!
Super thanks.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA 98274

OK, just retried a PM and this is the same result as before:

Database Error Database error
The Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the Home - Practical Machinist : Practical Machinist home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The Home - Practical Machinist : Practical Machinist forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

OK, just retried a PM and this is the same result as before:

Database Error Database error
The Practical Machinist - Largest Manufacturing Technology Forum on the Web database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the Home - Practical Machinist : Practical Machinist home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.

The Home - Practical Machinist : Practical Machinist forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

This can happen when session tokens (or wotever VB uses) get out of sync, browser caching is stale, site has cycled on.

Try logging off, closing the browser, make sure it HAS finished closing, Browsers do a bit of "housekeeping" at termination..

Then re-open, login fresh.

Use of the "remember me" at login makes all this WORSE.

Much better to login FRESH whenever you sit down for a session, then logout or let the site time-you-out, login fresh next time.

Back