What's new
What's new

Video tutorials or training on beginning concepts.

megiddoblades

Plastic
Thanks for checking this one out too,
For those times when you're feeling fuzzy on a pretty simple concept, whether you're in between jobs, or haven't done something in years, or helping new machinists out, do you have a go to resource on video training on the basics, such as:

Math involved in machining, to manually figure out cutter comp (anything on chords, intersecting and Tangent radii, polar coordinates) :drool5:
Print reading (std and GD&T)
Intro Fanuc style coding for lathe and mill with good coding practice,
Cutter comp,
General operator skills,
Setups,
Basic metrology/measuring techniques,
Manual machines (not saying they're basic by any means)

I can only recommend some of the manual machinists I've seen on youtube. Some of them include:

Manual machinists
That Lazy Machinist for hitting the fundamentals really well,
Clickspring to turn out high quality specialty parts,
Tubal Cain for variety and videography
This Old Tony for amusement.

Math
'Khan Academy' and 'Math BFF' for some of the trig portions. (SohCahToa) Sometimes it's difficult to see how it applies to certain real life problems though.

Design
'engineerguy' had one of the best videos, IMO, I've seen on explaining a little bit about plastic injection.

But again, I'm very new to this field, whereas others, including myself, would greatly benefit from suggestions from those with hands on experience, whether from paid resources that are more detailed in scope, or youtubers that are genuinely worth the watch. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Back