What's new
What's new

Volstro instructions

rickseeman

Cast Iron
I bought a Volstro rotary milling head for my Bridgeport but I don't have any instructions/operators manual for it. (I even have a project to do with it now.) I did a search on this site for threads and found many, one even had a link to a digital copy of a manual and brochure but the link was very old and didn't work anymore. Can anyone help me on this? If it matters, mine is an older one with the E-16 collets. But I'll take anything I can get. Thank you. [email protected] 501-519-7425

I had one and used it a lot back before CNC. Mine had old style E-25, not ER. Basic starting instruction might be, plan your job so you are always moving in one direction since you can't take backlash out 'in the cut' without problems. It's a pretty neat device. You can machine a radius tangent to an angle, also using the quill feed to get continuous rotational cut[o-ring grooves?]. Unlike using a RT, you can move your work centers around using the machine table. Any questions, you can pm me, I'll try to help. JinNJ

I bought a Volstro rotary milling head for my Bridgeport but I don't have any instructions/operators manual for it. (I even have a project to do with it now.) I did a search on this site for threads and found many, one even had a link to a digital copy of a manual and brochure but the link was very old and didn't work anymore. Can anyone help me on this? If it matters, mine is an older one with the E-16 collets. But I'll take anything I can get. Thank you. [email protected] 501-519-7425

See if there was a patent. The description and drawing may help.

Thanks for all the help. The instructions say I need a longer drawbar. Is there anyplace in particular I need to get this? Thank you.

I don't think you really need a longer drawbar. Just like with a right angle head the quill needs to be extended to mount the Volstro, which will make the end of the drawbar be below the top of the head. You can use a socket with an extension to reach into the head to tighten the drawbar.
Post some pictures of what you make with it.

My Volstro came with a pretty rudimentary set of instructions. I will hunt them up and scan them. Anyone wanting a copy send me a PM with your e-mail address.

Back