What's new
What's new

Bruckner live centers?

I do have a Bruckner Live Center Set. It says on the live center and on the wood box "BRUCKNER", "Type RE", "MT2", "Medium Duty", "MADE IN GERMANY". On the box it reads "MADE IN WESTERN GERMANY" instead of "MADE IN GERMANY". The box also says "No 1482". The set includes 5 inserts.

I have had this Bruckner set for a long time. I bought it new from MSC (Manhattan Supply Company) probably around 1973. On the Internet MSC is at:

www1.mscdirect.com

However, I believe MSC no longer has the Bruckner line.

I do not recall for certain the price I paid but I think it was about $60.00 for the set. I am certain you will pay much more for a Bruckner Live Center Set today, probably well over $500.00. I do see a few Bruckner items on eBay. I have used the live center only infrequently and have not used it recently. It is excellent quality, very nicely made. I have never had any problem with it. A fitting is provided for lubrication should it become necessary.

The card in the box says:

IMPORTANT!
This precision live center is packed with first-class antifriction grease for lifetime and needs no attention. If relubrication should be necessary after long year operation, we recommend herefore MOBILE D.T.E. Oil Light or similar oils.

GUARANTY
This precision Live Center has been shop-tested under high thrust load and found to be accurate to 0,000^97 inch concentricity. Our customers are requested to check the quality and accuracy of this tool upon receipt. Defects which are caused by abuse or overloading of the live center will not be replaced. U.L.5

KARL BRUCKNER & CO.
Prazisionswerkzeugfabrik
7051 GroBheppach b. Stuttgart
Germany

- Kent

Back