What's new
What's new

OT: looking for European members of this forum

Harold Mulder

Hot Rolled
I am looking for European members of this forum to possibly assist me. I own a Boley 4L lathe and am looking for a threaded back plate for this lathe. The thread pattern is M40 by
3.5mm pitch by 55deg thread pattern. I am watching the German Ebay and have sent emails to some German machinery sellers but no luck so far. So if anybody in Europe comes across a backplate for a Boley lathe please either PM me or email me at haroldmulder(@)Hotmail.com

Thanks for your assistance

Harold Mulder

Might just be easier to rethread a smaller backplate with enough meat on it. You sure about that 55 degree bit? That's very very odd for metric threads! Postage alone is going to be costly.

I realize postage will be hard. 55deg comes right of the drawing for a 5L which is the older brother of a 4L. We've already rethreaded one via a machine shop but I would like to try and get an original since it took two tries at the machine shop and I still needed to scrap the thread to fit properly.

Harold Mulder

If you stumble across it somewhere within the EU, feel free to contact me.
I do not have the time to search for it, but if you find it, I could be persuaded to buy it for you. :)

Best regards
Søren

Thanks Soren for the offer, will keep it in mind.
Bill, problem is that to my knowledge all the Boley watchmaker lathes have different threading then the big brother 4L. Believe me I am watching internet as much as possible. I'm just hoping that in Europe they might have sites like Craigslist and Kijiji that the locals watch and use and therefore possibly might come across something that we do not see here. Thanks for the response though.

Harold

Back