What's new
What's new

Way OT. Wart removal

bhigdog

Stainless
I had a wart starting on my foot right behind my little toe. I put up with it but it was getting painful to walk. My wife said to put a patch of duct tape on it. So I did. 3M brand. After about a week there was less discomfort. After 2 weeks it felt pretty good. There was a small pit where the wart was. After 3 weeks there is no discomfort at all and the pit is gone. I'll leave one on for another week or two just to be sure..........Bob

I used to "buy" them from other kids when I was young. I'd pay a dime or so and every time I saw them I'd remind them the wart was mine and they couldn't keep it. It seemed to work, but was probably just coincidence. Although there is some evidence of this working: Hypnosis, placebo, and suggestion in the treatment of warts. - PubMed - NCBI

Mu granddaughter is currently being treated by a dermatologist for a wart on her finger and a relatively tall wart on her face. She was prescribed 5% imiquimod cream. The instructions state "apply with Q-tip to wart on chin and finger nightly cover finger with duct/medical tape remove tape in the morning". So maybe there is something to the duct tape idea? Imiquimod is an immune system response modifier. We're 25 days in with only a small change in appearance of the warts. But they're not getting larger anymore.

I have one on the knuckle of my hand.
When it starts to bother me I just cut it down with scissors and I'm good for a while.
Been doing it for years.

I had one dermatologist say to just use the OTC wart remover, which IIRC, is Salicylic Acid in some base like mail polish. Some seemed to respond, but one didn't and was fast growing so another dermatologist excised it and sent it for biopsy, then said it was Seborrheic dermatitis. Non cancerous, in any case.

Did you know there used to be a sport of racing warts? Well, I assume so since there's a town in TN named Wartrace.

I have to confess to try every wart remedy known to man including freezing and removal by a doctor, the only thing that worked permanently was duct tape.

Had to apply it everyday (also a plantar wart) or it would fall off, it was so deep in my foot it almost reached bone which explains why the surgery did not work.

Keeping it moist under duct tape let my body push it out on its own and it never came back, the pain that sliver of hard skin caused me for so many years was gone so quickly using the tape method I don't know why they bother to advertise any other method.

Worked on a tiny finger wart too, obviously the money to be made on something not curable using the medical method keeps the money machine rolling.

I've always found they are stress related. I had a few on my hands, nothing big, but annoying for me
to see. They burned/froze them off a few times when I was in high school. In college they would
grow during the first term, and then shrink a bit over winter break, and then grow during spring and
disappear over the summer..

Recently went through a bunch of BULL SHIT.. Highly stressful.. Had a big fatty on the back of my hand,
Its been close to a year since the major Bull Shit has been over.. Hadn't thought about it in a while, just
took a look and its just a tiny little almost flat thing now.

No advice in there, just my personal experience with warts.

I spent a romantic evening with a girl called Rosie in Bangkok. She told me she was a hairdresser and I was a very handsome man. She said she would love me long time.

A week later I've got an annoying itch on my pecker and I think it's getting worse. I tried wrapping it in duct tape but it wasn't 3M. Do you think changing brands of duct tape will help?

I spent a romantic evening with a girl called Rosie in Bangkok. She told me she was a hairdresser and I was a very handsome man. She said she would love me long time.

A week later I've got an annoying itch on my pecker and I think it's getting worse. I tried wrapping it in duct tape but it wasn't 3M. Do you think changing brands of duct tape will help?

You have to figure how to get the duct tape into the urethra, sticky side out.

As to handsome, she was referring to the picture of George Washington you gave her.

I'm not sure, but I think some of the things people are posting on this thread might not be entirely true...
Anyway, I had a Planar's wart on the bottom of my foot (the only place they happen) and it was extremely painful for a couple months. I tried all the store bought remedies, and Duct Tape, nothing worked.
Then googling around in desperation, I found a forum where someone said use Apple Cider Vinegar on a cotton ball, and duct tape that to it. I put it on at night. It started burning, and that seemed good because nothing I tried before that seemed to have any effect. The next morning it was a 50% improvement. I could actually walk on that foot again somewhat comfortably. I re-applied, and by the end of the day it was like 80% better. That night, same treatment. Within 3 days it was dead. Pain free. Amazing.
Not sure if soaking a pecker in ACV would be a good idea tho.....

Yes, Change brands. I tried using Harbor Freight duct tape (well, Duck tape) to wrap my pecker any number of times. I wrapped the entire 10 1/2" but it just would not hold. 3M is the quicker pecker upper.
Bangkok you say? In that case you might want to try dousing your wang with another 3M product. It's a napalm wrap. It's the only cure for what you have.................Bob

my mom had a wart on her hand for all my growing up years that the docs couldn't get rid of she finally taped a dice of garlic to it for 3 days and that killed it but it also burned her finger to the bone, big massive blister, and scaring, but the wart is gone and her hand healed after a few weeks. Some times warts can be caused by a mineral/ vitamin imbalance if there is multiples in an area. brother had about 30 on his hands went to a holistic quack. quack put him on some vitamins and they were gone within a couple of months

3M Duct Tape = plantar wart on feet gone in a week.
Duck Brand Tape = newly webbed feet in a week.

It all depends on what you want to accomplish...

Threadjack: Skin Tags!!!

Just kidding.

Chip

Any duct tape would work if used to seal all entry points. Just don't rush, otherwise you'll never hear that you're handsome.

images

544a42f4b5ce28f0ca2fc7af14fb1caa.jpg

duct-Tape-crack.jpg

Not sure if soaking a pecker in ACV would be a good idea tho.....

Supposedly works if yah can stand it. Your blanket-sharer might come a sour puss, though.

Warts are generally caused by a virus a healthy and unstressed immune system can kill on its own. Not so good at it when stressed, shorted trace nutritional "ammunition", circulation is cut-back - as pressure can do - or otherwise impaired.

Turmeric & Cider Vinegar is another home remedy.

Back