What's new
What's new

WayOT. Why is there a penalty for WHEN one enrols in Medicare programs

CalG

Diamond
I can't imagine there are additional "costs to the program".

Is it just bureaucracy showing it's colors "because it can" ?

I'm being bombarded by options that seem like threats.

I can't imagine there are additional "costs to the program".

Is it just bureaucracy showing it's colors "because it can" ?

I'm being bombarded by options that seem like threats.

LOL! And they ARE threats!

Two choices:

Move to New Hampshire, take "Live Free or Die" seriously, hide-up from the bastids.

Come to Virginia, take "Sic Semper Tyrannus" seriously, set a trapline for bureaucrats, bone 'em, sell 'em for wetsuits, Virginia Beach.

Vermont? "Green Mountain State? That'd be the pile of dollars they expect to take off y'all!

:(

So folks will be baying from the start, not when they have a serious problem some time in the future.
.If you start part B immediately the cost is around $130/month. Wait a few years and it is around $500.
IIRC

Because it is an insurance system to be shared among many people. That's the way they work - you aren't allowed to buy car insurance after you have had an accident.

So folks will be baying from the start, not when they have a serious problem some time in the future.
.If you start part B immediately the cost is around $130/month. Wait a few years and it is around $500.
IIRC

Canceled "Plan B" back when it was $100, it dropped to zero. I was $1200/year better-off, and now discover that advantage has climbed to $1,560/year?

What am I missing, here? You don't happen to Scuba dive do yah?

The different payouts for different starting times are intended to make the total amount that is payed out over the lifetime of the AVERAGE person the same - or the same total cost to the government. So if you start payments sooner, you get less and if you delay them until later, you get more. It is all supposed to work out to the same amount in the long run.

Insurance company payouts and sweepstakes awards work in a similar manner. Statistically, it works out to the same amount.

The different payouts for different starting times are intended to make the total amount that is payed out over the lifetime of the AVERAGE person the same - or the same total cost to the government. So if you start payments sooner, you get less and if you delay them until later, you get more. It is all supposed to work out to the same amount in the long run.

Insurance company payouts and sweepstakes awards work in a similar manner. Statistically, it works out to the same amount.

Social Security payouts work on much the same actuarials. Life time "pot", averaged.

Started mine at the age promised when I entered the plan 65, not revised 66.

Cost me ~$300/month in reduced benefits, break-even around age 72, counting the full extra year up-front, IIRC.

Thing is, the dollar was worth more, declining, the years since, and the SS COLA is set at half or under actual inflation as well. Real "break even" is still ahead, my favour.

Lotteries are rigged, favour of the house, and we know that.

Social services? They just hide that better.

What would I get for $500/month if I rejoined "Plan B"?

A lottery ticket. One with no jackpot.

Going to die someday, regardless. Family tradition, clear back to one-celled beginnings.

If wishes were fishes? One could WISH for better, but "wish" is all it would be.

D'ruther have the fish, in the here-and-now, and for-real, thanks.

I can't imagine there are additional "costs to the program". . .

As others have said, doesn't make sense for any insurer to let folks sign up just before their bypass surgery, when a hurricane is forecast, etc. Plus the age / higher cost issue.

Medicare (and supplemental) insurance is fairly priced IMO, especially compared to private plans for the age 55-65 set..

yep... I'm 64, self employed and my insurance for the lowest cost bronze plan in WA is about $12,000 a year with a $7000 deductible. Medicare looks damn cheap right now. Anyhow, it's not "health insurance", but "Wealth insurance".

"What am I missing, here? You don't happen to Scuba dive do yah? "

My question is what are YOU on.
Your posts have all the characteristics of a blithering idiot.
When you started posting I thought you woke up stupid a few mornings, BUUT after a few I decided the malady was congenital

"What am I missing, here? You don't happen to Scuba dive do yah? "

My question is what are YOU on.
Your posts have all the characteristics of a blithering idiot.
When you started posting I thought you woke up stupid a few mornings, BUUT after a few I decided the malady was congenital
While Monarchist does get carried away sometimes trying to speak in an "interesting" manner, he is pretty much the opposite of a "blithering idiot". The reality is he is "speaking" in a manner so far beyond your understanding that you tend to see him that way.

Reminds me a bit of Sarah Palin calling Obama an "idiot"..... Holy Moses.....Sarah Palin is one of the dumbest politicians that ever walked the face of the planet....so to have her call Obama an idiot is jaw drop scraping the ground, mind boggling from my perspective. No matter whether you agreed with Obama's liberal leanings or not, I think any thinking person would have to agree he is freakin Einstein compared to that Palin moron.

MILACRON; The reality is he is "speaking" in a manner so far beyond your understanding that you tend to see him that way.

I doubt you posses the intelligence to judge my intellect ..
I know in which "mode he is speaking, just I find it tiring.

Ya know, a lotta guys would think it's kinda rude to badmouth the owner of the site you're badmouthing him on...

Just sayin'...

Hey! I just noticed this is my 888th post! Does that make me one third worse than The Beast? :mad5: :mad5:

MILACRON; The reality is he is "speaking" in a manner so far beyond your understanding that you tend to see him that way.

OK, so now he's gone from "blithering idiot" to "tiring"....ken, a bit of advice....when you find yourself stuck in a hole, stop digging....:hole:

Ya know, a lotta guys would think it's kinda rude to badmouth the owner of the site you're badmouthing him on...

Just sayin'...
LOL....don't worry, as long as a member is contributing to machining or manufacturing discussions they can bad mouth me all they want. It's only when that is all they do that they get banned.

That is certainly possible. There are many humans alive at any given time, and their "bell curve" has a lot of room, head-count-wise, even in the upper extremes, for high intellects.

I have had enough contact with Don, onsite and off, to rate him at least "one nine", more likely "two nines". I'd need more evidence to go three nines or better, but have no indicators at all to rule that out, either. T'would surprise me not in the least.

Intellect or no, what you need to work on isn't even the stamina to deal with "tiring".

If something you do not even NEED is "tiring" and remains so?

Your JUDGEMENT in chasing after it anyway, then whining about the effort, is.. simply put..

seriously fucked up!

How's that for "tiring"?

Back