What's new
What's new

Auction report-Machine legs

Jon Bohlander

Stainless
This auction was today. The company made canclesticks, lamps, etc.. Everything manual. It's amazing they lasted this long.

Everything went pretty cheap. The volume buyer was a guy buying machines for the legs or stands only. He buys them for a dealer in Dallas that makes industrial chic furniture for yuppies. I had heard of this but didn't realize there was that kinda of market. He was buying everything with even remotely interesting legs. He was
selling the machines off seperate if possible but otherwise to the scrapper. It just doesn't seem right.

Some prices:

Older step-pulley Bridgie in good shape-$1300
South Bend Model A, 16" swing good shape with taper attachment ans tooling-$600
Niagra A22 punch press-$25
Bliss punch press-$300 -Leg guy
Niagra#13 circle cutter(large throat-maybe 3')-$60
drill presses & spinning lathes_$1-300
These were large spinning lathes 3 went to the leg guy
Denison Multipress 10-15tons?-$200
Doall bandsaw-$450
all the large buffers-$10 ea.

I got the Hardinge lathe with two die heads for $100. I don't need a second 2nd Op lathe but did want the heads.

I couldn't hang for the best selection of technical books I've seen> It went for $175.
Three shelves of books including 2 from Moore Tool, the big Cincinatti Book on milling, etc.

This could explain a few things. I was going to throw out an old machine light I took off my lathe and replaced with a nice sealed halogen. I thought what the heck and put it up on Ebay. Sold for around $140!!! Supports the saying "one man's trash is another man's treasure".

Back