What's new
What's new

Do-all 16ML - need info on belt sizes and motor pulley size.

Rudd

Stainless
A friend has this saw, it is from 1943. It has a Reeves drive - a pulley between the motor and the gearbox. It was not set up correctly when he bought it. The existing belt between the reeves and the gearbox is 5/5" wide. There is a not original motor pulley for a 1/2" belt. I think both the belts need to be 5/8", but if anyone knows the length that would be most helpful.
Also need OD on the motor pulley.
Thanks
Rudd

1022fb2cf4024717fa8e63450309917f.jpg

89fb161c885fc32a23e7d88587e92717.jpg

I don’t know what size the motor sheave is, but this is the plate from my Doall ML.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

The pictures of the motor plate were already hosted on this site... I just pulled them from another post and put them here. Neither me nor my saw are in a spot to take it apart for pulley dimensions. Doall should be able to furnish that information. They’re lovely people and still support their equipment. Give them a call and I’m sure they can get you sorted.

Be safe and stay healthy

Jeremy

Friend got in touch with DO-all today, and yes, you are right, they are great to deal with. Bad news is that the parts guy told my friend they had just been "bought out by some Russians", and that the Russians were on site at the business, so taking an active management role.

Back