What's new
What's new

Where to buy inconel alloy tubing?

snowman

Diamond
I need a few feet of a 4" to 6" diameter, 0.125ish wall tubing in inconel 625. I could care less about heat certs, just need somebody's drop basically. I'd also like to know the value of a new piece, as I'm completely out of touch with what new alloy costs.

Anybody know of a good supplier?

I could, but I've got no clue where the price on any of this falls...

Are there any shops that sell drops or random lenghts, or am I completely screwed?

It doesn't look like Rolled Alloys carries 625 in tube or pipe. I looked around a little and don't see much in the way of large tube in 625. Pipe may be a more common item. I would try TW Metals.

You might try Summerill Tube(sp?), they're over that way. Wouldn't like to think of the price of thick wall, large diameter tube, going by the price of thin wall sub 2" stuff!

I hope that you're making really good money on this. I can only think of 2 other places

Inconel 625, Alloy 625, Nickel 625, Chornin 625, Altemp 625, Nickelvac 625, Haynes 625, Nicrofer(R) 6,
Inconel For Sale | Eraum

I think that your best bet would be to buy strip, roll and weld.
If somebody happens to have any tubing that sizem, you can bet it's going to have certs with it. Same with pipe. If you were in Houston, I'd say to look at the refinery repair shops. I've been out long enough that my old contacts are no longer good. We had a big (24"ID x 3/4" wall x 6' long) hastaloy tube fab'd years ago down there.
JR

I'd say to look at the refinery repair shops.

Used to work for one - Enpro Systems - and the only Inconel tube I was ever around was about 10" dia and 10 feet long - that we had rolled and welded to use as a burner tube for refrac cure in high temp valve bodies

I hope that you're making really good money on this.

Well, unfortunately, this is a personal project. It has the potential to make good money, just not at this stage in the game.

I was under the understanding that 625 was a bit more common than it actually is.

Looks like I'll be forming some tube.

Thanks for all the help with the suppliers though!

4" Schedule 10 pipe is 4.5" OD x .120" wall. Rolled Alloys has AL6XN, Zeron 100 (S32760), 2205, and 310 stainless in this size. I would change the material to something more common to make life easier if possible. AL6XN is the most expensive of these at about $36 for 4 feet.

718 Inconel is more common than 625. You are probably more likely to find it in large tube or pipe.

4" Schedule 10 pipe is 4.5" OD x .120" wall. Rolled Alloys has AL6XN, Zeron 100 (S32760), 2205, and 310 stainless in this size. I would change the material to something more common to make life easier if possible. AL6XN is the most expensive of these at about $36 for 4 feet.

718 Inconel is more common than 625. You are probably more likely to find it in large tube or pipe.

I'd love to.

Use temp in this situation is 900 deg C. Atmosphere could be oxidizing or reducing, with mild to moderate chloride exposure, though not concentrated.

Basically, it's a fancyish furnace muffle of sorts. So the heat has to radiate through it. If heat didn't radiate through it, I could get away with using a refractory coating.

Back