What's new
What's new

Looking for Loader Wheels

ARB

Titanium
We have a John Deere 410 Loader Backhoe without the hoe at the shop. Works well as a general purpose heavy lifter. We are in the process of putting new tires on the rear. Well one of the rims is toast.

Does anyone know where to find a good deal on steel wheels? I can find tires everywhere but not much luck finding wheel suppliers. The local tractor dealer wants $450 each. That sounds a little steep.

BTW, 24" Diameter 15"-16" wide 8 Lug.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
ARB

I'm not sure where Granville is located in the state, but if it's on the eastern side and all else fails you could try East Hartford Exchange, in Hartford, Conn, if there still there! Largest machine junkyard one could imagine, even after Route 84 cut through half of it!! There lower retaining wall for there yard, was made out of old loader buckets welded side by side, and IIRC was at least 15" plus high. Quite an eyefull in the fall!!
Steve

If I remember right you need the serial no. of the tractor. The early ones used 9/16 fine thread bolts to hold wheel on to axal, later ones used 3/4 unc bolts. Its been a long time since I have worked on a 410 but I know this is true for a 310A JD because I have one.

I forgot about MacFaddens. It may be worth a call.
I dropped a line to Wengers. We will see what they have. I heard through another source that they had great pricing on new rims too.

Granville is about as far east in NY as you can get. We are on the Vermont Border. I will have to check into East Harford.

Thanks for the Ideas.

ARB

Well the story is that our machine takes a bastard wheel and they are not available new.
But we can buy blank hoops and put our old centers in. This should work out nice. We can get the blank hoops for $115 each.
The shocker was that the new lug bolts we over $14 each. I think I will make some on the lathe out of pre-hard 4140 hex stock.

Thanks for the input guys.

ARB

Back