Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Won item on ebay and seller cancelled and relisted it.

morsetaper2 is online now Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by vettepicking View Post
    some people are missing the point. The point for me is not what i bought or how much i paid, its how i & others where treated to turn a profit.......thanks

I think you have missed the point of a number of posts. We want to see the auction, see the evidence to try and gain perspectives from both sides, to be impartial.

Without a link to the auction your post is a "one side of the story complaint".

But its likely quite true, the seller figured it was worth more by the time you were the buyer. Just pitch your complaint to ebay and move on with your life.
    Last edited by morsetaper2; 02-08-2012 at 08:58 PM.

S_W_Bausch is offline Diamond

He wants to sully the seller's reputation, then why not put the seller's name in the title of this post?

Practical Machinist is quite "popular" with google.

Say, "IndustryRecycles.com failed to honor my ebay bid"

wonderwolf is offline Aluminum

I've had this happen to me as well on ebay. I hit buy it now and paid, next day I get a refund saying that the item was never available. I gave him bad feedback after I saw he relisted the item later that month for much more than I paid. Ebay didn't do anything, he had my bad feedback removed since the transaction was cancelled...Sucks that there are people out there that don't hold true to their word in dealings.

jdj
    jdj is offline Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Mud View Post
    I've bought from him, it's obvious that he doesn't know much about what he's selling, and a lot of his opening prices are high, but no problems with the transactions.

My experience as well.

Jeff

thruthefence is offline Titanium
    People's Democratic Republic of Louisiana

Couple of years ago I stumbled on a fairly rare & desirable (for some folks) engine maintenance & overhaul book for the Lotus Twin Cam engine on Ebay.

Amazon.com: Lotus Twin-Cam Engine (9780760316924): Miles Wilkins: Books

(note the price)

Buy it now, $25.00 or so.. Holy Christ, I buy it, even though my car doesn't use that particular engine. Can't pass up a deal, right?

Complete the paypal transaction, but like the OP, get a refund back & a " book listed in error, not in inventory" message from the seller.

It was one of those Ebay stores, "Mama Mia's Book Nook" or some-such, so I was able to find a phone number, and I reduced some poor woman nearly to tears before the boss got on the line, and he finally admitted He's googled the title & saw what some others had sold for, so he reneged.

WTF are you gonna do? He'll never admit it to ebay.

Sure enough, week or two, it's back on ebay, starting bid at $100.00.

Mebfab is offline Diamond

Open message to ebay.

You wonder why so many people have given up on ebay? You re-jiggle the feed back system, alter the order of search results, hold new paypal accounts, charge a percentage of shipping, and who knows what else. And all in the "name" of "helping buyers to be confidant". Yet you miss some of the most simple things. Here we have a seller who has repeatedly reneged on deals when an item didnt bring enough. and for proof they relisted it at a higher price on some. THey remove the negative because the sale is canceled. Yet they still have many negatives.

But they dont do the most obvious thing to do. THrow them off ebay.

tdmidget is offline Titanium

Quote Originally Posted by Co2 mech View Post
    Sounds a lot to me like a deal was made and then the seller broke it. The online honesty code is pretty weak. If it was up to me I would find the accounts of the seller, SW Bausch, Gary E, and TDmidget and block the whole lot of them. Regards
    Perhaps you should rethink that. If you are going to come on this forum and badmouth a merchant to over 55000 members then you should be prepared to substantiate you case. Or STFU.

S_W_Bausch is offline Diamond

Check out the PLC Center feedback, it seems the good deals "fail QA" and don't get shipped.

What ebay doesn't seem to comprehend is poor customer experience may take a generation to catch up.

"Not your father's Pontiac"? What's a Pontiac?

lazlo is offline Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Mebfab View Post
    Open message to ebay.

You wonder why so many people have given up on ebay?
    eBay Inc. Reports Strong Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2011 Results - MarketWatch

Net Income up Double Digits in 2011 on Record Revenue

davycrocket is offline Hot Rolled

Problem No 1. I won a nice Anvil on UK Ebay and the seller refused to let me have it. I had not Paid for it as it was a pickup only and pay cash item . It was the seller's first listing on Ebay. I gave him -Ve feedback, said why, and reported it to Ebay.

Problem No 2. It seems I could not open a dispute as I had not paid for the Item. I was told to pay via Paypal and then open a dispute for non delivery. I declined to pay for an Item that I had been told had been sold elsewhere and that I was not going to get .

Problem No 3. No further response from Ebay until I was invited to fill in an opinion survey about how I had been dealt with on my last contact with Ebay service support. I spelt it out to them that Ebay had done nothing about this illegal seller behaviour. Response from Ebay ......NONE ,
    ****they don't give a sh*t ***
    Seller feedback history is still negative at -1. Hopefully no-one will buy from him and he will have seen the error of his ways !

Davycrocket

lazlo is offline Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by davycrocket View Post
    Response from Ebay ......NONE ,
    ****they don't give a sh*t ***
    Two oddities I've noticed about Ebay: they pursue shill billing like white on rice if you're a new seller, but they totally ignore (allow) it for PowerSellers. And they don't seem to care about people not following-through on a transaction, unless you file a formal "non-performing" (buyer/seller) complaint.

Ebay does track buyer and seller "strikes." They won't say how many strikes in what period will get you NARU'd, but 3 strikes in a short period seems to do the trick.

Each buyer that files a "Non-performing seller" complaint with Ebay, like the OP did, will be a strike. So you just need two more complaints of him pulling the transaction after the auction closes, because it's not enough money, to ban him from Ebay.

According to their feedback, IndustrialRecyclers canceled the sale after the auction closed at least 3 times in just the last 30 days:

Andres is offline Plastic

I don't think ebay can force the seller to sell an item even after a buyer has paid for it and money has been returned. I would really look out for these machinery dealers, a large number of them are just bad business.

One time I saw a Haas HRT160 on ebay and the seller was 40 min. away. I asked if I can go take a look at the item and he said yes, it was listed as almost new condition and was under power. When I arrive there was a guy putting the unit back together I doubt the unit had the same motor or one that was 20+ years old! The seller gave me a smart coment and said he was installing a better motor but there would be no way of telling.

Rex TX is offline Stainless

Did someone say IndustryRecyclers is based in Houston?

That sure sounds like breach of contract, and is probably actionable.
    If I were the OP or other injured party, I'd contact the Texas Attorney General in Austin.
    This is an election year. AN AG taking on ebay would generate some press.
    S_W_Bausch likes this.

vettepicking is offline Hot Rolled

they are in South west florida, i have met him and been to his warehouse to pick up items.

Question Boy is offline Hot Rolled

Quote Originally Posted by lazlo View Post
    Two oddities I've noticed about Ebay: they pursue shill billing like white on rice if you're a new seller...
    How do you know they pursue shill bidding on new sellers auctions?

QB
    Mud likes this.

Mud
    Mud is offline Diamond

I wonder how much of IR's issues are just chaos and mismanagement, not malice? With many people handling ebay listings it's possible that things get listed multiple times or even lost in the confusion. If they go just by ID numbers it could be that the shelf slot for that item is empty so rather than spend time looking for it they just refund the $ and someone else is busy listing it because they just found it.

That sort of thing is why I asked to see the auctions in question. Seeing the emails would be helpful too.

I generally attribute to stupidity or incompetence what can equally well be attributed to malice, because the former are so much more prevalent.
    AndyF likes this.

Redirish is offline Plastic

Default ebay seller

Vettepicking did nothing wrong. He bid on an item, he won it, he paid for it. Apparently the seller decided the item was worth more, so he reneged on the sale. Not good. It makes no difference to any of us what the item was, nor how much Vette bid. Ebay will protect their sellers at the expense of the buyers, because there are more buyers than sellers. I recently bought an item on ebay that was misrepresented as to brand name. It was a cheap knock-off of an expensive brand, and was packaged in the expensive brand packaging. After I opened it I tried to leave negative feedback, and ebay flat refused to accept it. When you buy on ebay you are informed that you are entering a legal, binding contract, but they let the crooked sellers do as they wish.

lazarus is offline Hot Rolled

I don't even bother bidding on eBay anymore. Too much B.S. I'll buy a new buy it now if I can't find it elsewhere, but that's not often. I go to Amazon and get what I want/when I want it.

Tuesday night at 11:45pm I ordered a Spicer clutch adjusting wrench(OTC-made in USA) for $30.00, added $18.00 for next day shipping. It was still $40.00 cheaper than NAPA before they wanted me to pay extra cause their whse didn't have it and $13.00 more would get it UPS ground to their store where I could pick it up-if it ever got there.

I'm going out to use my new tool now as it got here a couple hours ago. Thanks Amazon...F@^#eBay.

Ben

P.S. S_W_Bausch--It's not your fathers Oldsmobile and they're getting harder to find than an honest machinery dealer.

annoying is offline Hot Rolled

I had a similar happen about 11 years ago. got a good price on something, sent money, then the seller said it was damaged when packaing. offered to accept it anyway, he said he couldn't sell something that was damaged. I didn't get my money back until a month and a half later and only after I offered to drive to Texas from Indiana to retrieve my money, it was more than a few dollars.

It is my opinion that it is well past time for ebay to fall. It is full of greed and discrimination. Powersellers get discounts on fees. But assume you get a couple negatives that were a bit unnecessary, lose your powerseller status and now you pay more, based on what someone says. Not only that but you can face restrictions or account suspension based on people's opinions. Isn't this discrimination? From a seller's perspective, at least my experience, ebay sucks.

I would like to know more about what some of you are saying about sellers having your negative comments removed. I've never been able to get them to even consider it. Years back I had a guy leave a negative with a good comment. it was clearly accidental and they would do nothing, said I had to have the buyer remove it. I couldn't get a response from him. I've had things lost in the mail, re-send another part, get negative feedback saying took too long to ship. ebay will not even consider anything. Had a guy buy something late afternoon and emailed the next day (16 hours later) wanting to know why he has not received his part yet, using plenty of profanity and threatening to leave negative. I called ebay and they said unless the guy left a negative with a provably false statement, they could do nothing because it is the buyers opinion. Okay, so how can one get account restrictions or suspended based on these opinions?

I had an account suspended a few years back. I was going to be gone so I turned on the "vacation settings" on ebay, saying I was going to be away for a 3 week span and that packages would not be sent until after such date. Spent a week and a half getting some things done on my building and a week and a half in Florida. Came back to find enough negatives that my account was suspended. Ebay would do nothing. My feedback was I think over 8000 and 100% positive... that is until they changed the feedback and sellers could no longer leave negative. Got a few negatives and a bunch of threats. But got a handful of negative in the time I was away and bam, I'm done.

They way they do fees.... it is like if I were to go in the bank and customer Jimmy, who is a neighbor, said I blew a little grass in his yard when I mowed the other day, so now when I apply for a loan, the rate will be 3% higher. Is that not discrimination?

On the greed point..... I have something on ebay for $38 and on my website for $34. I talked to a guy the other day and he asked where I'd rather him buy.... I said it is up to you. People who only buy wouldn't think much about it, but that $4 difference stays in the buyer's pocket when they buy from my site. A $38 part and say $6 shipping, that costs me $4.84 in fees. A few years back, I paid over $10,000 in ebay fees for less than $80,000 in sales. I really wish something else would come around to take ebay down. Something with sensible fees and rules and a lot of traffic.

I remember more than 20 years ago, when I was like 12, I ordered (mail order) an amplifier and had to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. Eager little me waited. When I first sold on ebay, I think 2002, If 2-3 weeks go by without delivery, I'd get an email asking if it was sent, let me know when to expect it. And that was all. Now, especially and almost exclusively on ebay, You get some people that start to fly off the handle if it is not received in 1-2 days on a 2-3 day delivery and stated 2-3 day ship time. What the hell is wrong with people? And it's mostly just on ebay.

What about done me in with using ebay is when I was browsing some forums and saw my parts dubbed as "ebay parts"..... Oh hell no. But one thing that made me feel good.... it's a slow time of year, the month is a little low, but I looked at my 30 day sales on ebay and was barely $400. Yes that is good because that means a big majority of sales was from elsewhere.

If anyone here knows of any good marketplace website, please share.

If these shadey sellers can get away with what they do, and low volume sellers get the shaft, then why is ebay still a big name. all it takes is something similar, better rules and fees, and the first sale. Ebay had to start with auction #1.

Sorry for being long-winded and wandering astray a bit
    JoeE. likes this.

annoying is offline Hot Rolled

Quote Originally Posted by Redirish View Post
    Vettepicking did nothing wrong. He bid on an item, he won it, he paid for it. Apparently the seller decided the item was worth more, so he reneged on the sale. Not good. It makes no difference to any of us what the item was, nor how much Vette bid. Ebay will protect their sellers at the expense of the buyers, because there are more buyers than sellers. I recently bought an item on ebay that was misrepresented as to brand name. It was a cheap knock-off of an expensive brand, and was packaged in the expensive brand packaging. After I opened it I tried to leave negative feedback, and ebay flat refused to accept it. When you buy on ebay you are informed that you are entering a legal, binding contract, but they let the crooked sellers do as they wish.
    They must wipe asses of select few sellers. I'd have been banned for life if it was me.

You really really really need to bring this to the attention of the brand name company. If you still have all details. F%$k ebay, that is violating laws

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast