What's new
What's new

Career Opportinities Forums, Not much Traffic there??

cash

Titanium
When we have job openings listed on milwaukeejobs.com I would like to post them to the forum here as well. The problem is on the career opportunities forums there is pretty much no traffic there and no posts ever show.

Can I assume everybody on the forum here is happily employed or happily retired?

I can assume posting listings in the general forum would cause a Gibbs slap to the back of the head??

The forum here is a great resource and with people from all over the country, and globe looking!!

Who could pass up coming to Milwaukee?? A great looking ice, sleet ans sh!t storm is bearing down on us right now!!

When we have job openings listed on milwaukeejobs.com I would like to post them to the forum here as well. The problem is on the career opportunities forums there is pretty much no traffic there and no posts ever show.
That is largely because so many others are thinking the same as you. Bit of a which came first chicken or egg dilemma. Perhaps we should create some eggs by putting some emphasis on those job related forums in our MMS and Cutting Tool Engineering magazine print ads to help the chickens to be born ? Enough chickens = higher traffic = more chickens = still higher traffic= yet more chickens...and thus it goes..

Milacron;
Some of the forums, including both of the jobs forums only show last day posts on my computer. I have tried to edit the settings but they won't stay. I can't casually click on the forum and see any listings, I have to go down and set the time for a longer period, say last month. I am running firefox.

If the fourms were populated with posts they would not look so unused, and I think that would lead to more traffic. Is there any way you can set the default age of the posts to a longer time, say a couple of months?

Cash,

Just came in from shoveling the ice... Little warm out today... Downright balmy even...

Shoot me an e* of what you're looking for. I know a few people keeping their eyes open and can put you together if they're a fit. It's a weird market right now. There are opportunities abounding, but everyone is looking for higher end people. I had a call last week and the guy told me he didn't care that I was comfortable. He wanted me to come talk anyway. :eek: Besides, I think I might drop off two small plates of D2 for some grinding and need to come see that Matti now anyway! :)

Milacron;
Some of the forums, including both of the jobs forums only show last day posts on my computer. I have tried to edit the settings but they won't stay. I can't casually click on the forum and see any listings, I have to go down and set the time for a longer period, say last month. I am running firefox.

If the fourms were populated with posts they would not look so unused, and I think that would lead to more traffic. Is there any way you can set the default age of the posts to a longer time, say a couple of months?

I have had that problem in the past with the Classifieds, go to the bottom of the page and change it and the next day it is back the same way. Then someone told me to go into my profile and dig around and change my preferences there, I did and although I don't remember the exact procedure it worked. Might be worth a try for you.

I posted a link to our ad in milwaukeejobs.com there.

I get the same message where it shows posts only from the last day as well..

But if the site owner sets the forum up so you cannot see the chickens it doesn't matter how many chickens are there.
Site owner did not set it up that way, but just checked and sure enough some forums got that way somehow. Glitch in software I guess.

So, I just now manually changed default settings to "show all threads", defaul sort time "last post time" and default sort order "decending". Let me know if that isn't right somehow or if the changes didn't "stick".

Glad you guys pointed this out as I had no clue. As moderator, "all threads" show to me no matter what the setting is so I had no clue some of you were not seeing all threads.

Back