What's new

How NOT to move a milling machine !

• Thread starter Admin5
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 38,479
A

Admin5

Complete with photos of a vertical mill in compromising positions..

www.datasync.com/~ronthomp/hownotto.htm

UPDATE, THIS URL IS NOT WORKING NOW. TRYING TO FIND AUTHOR'S EMAIL ADDRESS FOR POSSIBLE NEW URL- IF ANYONE ELSE KNOWS PLEASE INFORM, THANKS

[This message has been edited by Admin5 (edited 04-27-2001).]

Don, Iam just glad there are no pictures to document some of MY moving mishaps!!!!I have empathy for him !!!! even as i was laughing!"i didnt see it fall as i was running" oh my , "let him who is without sin cast the first stone" .A w.w.two seabee told me that they would remove the handles & push them off into the mud (south pacific islands).....
waiting for me now is a logan contershaft hanger in 6 pieces waiting for my torch,it broke in the same places the last guy
WELDEDit when he let it tip over ......careless!
ve get too soon oldt und too late schmart !
best wishes
doc

Brings to mind the time I discovered just how top heavy my little Van Norman O.D. grinder is only after it was hanging upside down from the budgit hoist. Didn't break anything but you wouldn't believe how fast a couple of guys can get off a pickup truck.......

[This message has been edited by ObsoleteTom (edited 03-30-2001).]

the lifting rig is a glaring example of a "compound pic"
this triangular setup on a chain is deadly
author should not be allowed to play with tools

Ditto

It's never a matter of how much something weighs...
it's a matter of WHERE the weight is, and where the weight is supported.

oops!!

Its funny that this thread popped back up as I was thinking about it just the other day as I looked down at my nice little KALAMAZOO band saw laying face down on the pavement.

Doug

Wow, same thing happened with my BP. Luckily, I got out just about as easy as him.

Landed on motor and side X lead screw handle, rest of mill is ok.

All I can say is when you send it down the tail gate make sure to TIE IT DOWN!

IMG_1347.JPG

Lucky

I was envisioning a similar outcome as the previous owner ov my new VN lifted it into my trailer with a Harbor freight engine hoist.

Got lucky and nothing was dropped.

The $150 I paid to have my mill and lathe unloaded and positioned with a skid steer was money well spent. ��

Back