What's new
What's new

Starting a inventor club/group

Stephen K

Plastic
I am starting a group in our area for people that have ideas for products they would like to produce. If you have ideas on how to organize this group I would appreciate any comments. This group will include machinists, metalworkers, business owners, lumbermen, anyone with an product Idea. Anyone with knowledge in business management, financing, marketing, patenting, machining, manufacturing are asked to share their knowledge. I am trying to promote manufacturing in our area, or anywhere in the US. Eveyone from around the world is welcome to join in. I have started a website. The forum is not completed yet. I have a message board to communicate with. www.invent-manufacture.com My email is [email protected]

This should be interesting. On one side you'll have a whole bunch of secretive and paranoid inventors, of which a full 98% will have commercial non-starters. And from this forum you will (not) have machinists who generally seem to shy away from anyone mentioning invention and patent. (Because they rarely mention money and payment in the same paragraph).

But it should be a worthwhile initiative, and if it can help turning that 98% non-commerical percentage into 95% it will likely be well worth it.

If you make a forum I'd suggest that you make a subforum for problems that needs solving, and that have true commercial scale and prospects.

Plan some type of blanket non disclosure documents for people to down load, but then that puts you at risk.

You will have a lot of this:
"I need help solving a problem I don't want to show or tell you. Any help is appreciated."

Back