What's new
What's new

80% 700 receiver

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet. I was looking around at at AR 80% lowers and stumbled on these. Looks like they could be a decent project. 80% Model 700 Rifle Receivers and Model 700 Rifle Receiver Blanks | RocketHub

I sponsored his other project. I'm very curious to see how long it takes David to meet his sponsored orders. The other project I sponsored was for quite a number of 80% frames.

I think it's easy to create this RocketHub projects, but I need to see some completed frame before sponsoring anything else. ;)

Here is the other project: (check out the amount of various receivers on it)

Billet 80% 10/22 Reveiver, Billet 80% AR15 Lower , 1911 80% Reciever, AR10 | RocketHub

Looks like he's trying to raise the remaining money he was shooting for. He was shooting for $25k, got $11k, and now he's looking for $10k. Makes sense, but still you need to wait for him to order equipment and material with the funding. I'm curious to see how long it will take to get started.

Cheers,
Alan

Never heard of this RocketHub site before. Interesting. I wondered about the actual delivery times too.

Any more info you can provide on how this works Alan? Guarantees vs risks? What if the project never gets off the ground? Just lose your money?

Never heard of this RocketHub site before. Interesting. I wondered about the actual delivery times too.

Any more info you can provide on how this works Alan? Guarantees vs risks? What if the project never gets off the ground? Just lose your money?

I think it's a risk. ;)

It's similar to Kickstarter where you sponsor the project for a specific amount, and when the company develops the product you get the agreed product. If you're asking me what happens if the person doesn't produce the product? I don't think there is any guarantee that they will not.

My honest view is that there's a lot of work and a lot of materials to buy to make the receivers from billets. In the future he would certainly need to raise the prices to be able to survive, so the sponsorship cost is low. I don't know that there is any agreement that the frames will come to you in any specific timeframe.

I am pretty limited in California on what I can get as 80%, and he had something that I wanted...a Commander size frame in stainless. Most all of the 1911 frames are Government, and I have one that I am starting to work on that I got from an ad here on PM. A commander would be good for a .380/.357 or 9mm. I was only going to sponsor for that one frame, but then figured if he can come through with them, another Government frame would be nice to have and I have the parts I need to build it as SSE.

I guess it depends on if you're a gamblin' type or not...I kinda feel like it will give him an opportunity to go off on his own and operate, but he's getting funding for equipment and material. I think there is some chance of the pyramid syndrome, where some people get frames and others who got in later don't see anything. I think there was a fair amount of sponsors before me...his bio is kind of interesting, shall I say...

Some of the ARs and other receivers were aluminum or resin, so the billets won't be as pricey, but I can't get small QTY of stainless or even alu for the price of the sponsor cost. That would say there's a HIGH risk...:rolleyes5: :confused:

Cheers,
Alan

Yep I was looking for gun projects. My name is Devin Sinner actually, no way connected to David Shine. I was thinking about getting the jplongfellows receiver blank and then I noticed this. I will probably still go with the JP unless this actually gets close to the goal. I would rather go with the edm cut receiver that JP offers also but the price is nice on the other.
Hmmm......
Your screen name is sinarms, and you just happen to stumble upon a website for David Sine?

Odd.

IMHO, the odds of this project coming to fruition and a sponsor receiving what they expected at that price is nil.

Hmmm......
Your screen name is sinarms, and you just happen to stumble upon a website for David Sine?

Odd.

IMHO, the odds of this project coming to fruition and a sponsor receiving what they expected at that price is nil.

I think that post should have been a better PM.

Sinarms is Devin Sinner. I've had him do some work and it has always been fantastic.

Yep I was looking for gun projects. My name is Devin Sinner actually, no way connected to David Shine. I was thinking about getting the jplongfellows receiver blank and then I noticed this. I will probably still go with the JP unless this actually gets close to the goal. I would rather go with the edm cut receiver that JP offers also but the price is nice on the other.

Thanks for clarifying that.

And the JPs are selling briskly, less than 90 left from the two 100 batches.
Better not snooze.

How does this work. Do you give him the dollar amount for the receiver you want to fund his project and then receive that receiver when it's completed.

Bob

How does this work. Do you give him the dollar amount for the receiver you want to fund his project and then receive that receiver when it's completed.

Bob

The idea is that you invest in his startup, and for doing so you would be rewarded with X for $Y investment once it is up and running.
After that he would sell his product to non investors at whatever price he chooses.

There is no guarantee that it will ever be up and running, or that any of the money invested ever actually went to the project.
So,,,,,, do you feel lucky?

The idea is that you invest in his startup, and for doing so you would be rewarded with X for $Y investment once it is up and running.
After that he would sell his product to non investors at whatever price he chooses.

There is no guarantee that it will ever be up and running, or that any of the money invested ever actually went to the project.
So,,,,,, do you feel lucky?
I invest in X Ring Accuracy everyday :) X Ring Accuracy

I ordered a JP blank. Looks pretty straight forward for machining it. now all I need is a PT&G bolt, stock, Brux barrel, jewell trigger, scope mount, mag, scope, etc... this project just went from cheap to not so cheap haha

I still haven't used the blank yet, been too busy with moving to a new building and customer stuff. One of these days I will start cutting on one.

Back