ewilliam is offline Plastic

I am looking for plans/drawings for a rear sight as used on a 1874 Sharps rifle. I have already made a tang mounted long range peep sight, didn't like the one the rifle came with ( it's a Pedersoli heavy target model)Now I am trying to find drawings for the rear sight that could be used for hunting. Don't really want to buy a finished sight as I like to make my own "stuff" when I can. Thanks. Bill

Steven Dzupin is offline Aluminum

Get or borrow a copy of "The Sharps Rifle " By Sellers.

Has most everything about evey model.

Regards,

Joisey Steve

GGaskill is offline Stainless

The attached photos show the factory barrel mounted rear sight that came with my Shiloh Sharps .45-3 1/4. If you are really interested, I can take some better pix and take it off the rifle and measure it.

Vlad1854 is offline Junior Member

i am curious i have a sharps spencer 50 cal buffalo rifle from like the 1850's using rimfired cartridges same rear site style as the one on yours is there a place to get ammo for these old guns as id love to get to fire it at least once

ken moss is offline Hot Rolled

you cant get the rimfire cartages but there is two ways to get the old spencer shooting. #1 is to use a turned case that is bored to use 22 blank as the primer but you must use the gun as single shot I have some of these case for sell if you want them.#2 Is the best way Buffalo arms sells a new breech block that is center fire. Then you make the cases out of 348 winchester brass you cut down. Or you can get them from Buffalo arms.But ether way you will loading your own. NEVER SHOOT ANYTHING BUT BLACK POWER IN THIS GUN THEY ARE OVER 100 YEARS OLD!!! It is best to be on the safe side of things Good luck, I have bought things from WWW.Buffaloarms.com allways been happy.Ken

jwfilion is offline Aluminum

I scanned this from my Sharps Rifle book. Only pics of rear sights there are. Hope this helps!

jwfilion is offline Aluminum