What's new
What's new

300 Blackout AAC muzzle thread.

Hello all,
I have 300 Blackout Advanced Armament barrel where the owner would like the muzzle brake removed.
Please can someone tell me if it has a left or a right hand thread.
Thanks
Vincent.
Should be right hand thread. It's not uncommon to see them fixed with red locktite, rockset, etc. They will all break down with heat. How much heat depends on the compound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mine had right hand.

You shouldn't need much "oomf" to break it free. They almost assuredly use Rocksett, which doesn't require much torque to break. Comparable to blue loctite, actually weaker, but quite significantly more heat resistant.

Assuming it's factory installed, and not installed by a random Bubba or Bloke.

If you think there may be rocksett used, do yourself a favor and soak the joint in water overnight before turning it.

I think you will find the muzzle threaded a conventional 5/8th 24tpi. AAC was having a sale recently on the lightweight 300 Blackout barrels they were installing on Remington 7 actions (looks like Remington discontinued that model.) I bought one. Under the included thread protector, it was threaded like any AR-10's muzzle.

I think you will find the muzzle threaded a conventional 5/8th 24tpi

It usually is, but doesn't need to be. Most people use common 308 muzzle attachments which are 5/8-24, but nothing to stop anyone from using different if you're making a custom thread protector, flash hider, or brake. For common parts you are absolutely correct, AAC barrels have always been 5/8-24, at least all the ones I've seen and own.

Something to consider, if the barrel its self is shorter than 16,(from face of bolt to end of barrel) the muzzle break will most likely be permanently attached via a spot wield or a blind pin. If you remove the breake you will be making the barrel illegal unless it's registered as a SBR with the ATF

Back