What's new
What's new

"life" for home gunsmithing...

Alpacca Fortyfive

Stainless
OK, so this guy looks like a scum bag and was supplying scumbags:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/berkshire/7585437.stm

several interesting points though:

• in one link a cop gives black market prices of £400 to £800 for such products. That is roughly the price for legal ones 20 years ago when semi auto rifles were banned! that market is not short of supply!
  • "Britain has the toughest gun controls in the world and we're making them even tougher"..."gun crime is still extremely rare"... yep, but not as rare as it is in Vermont....
  • Will the retailer of a screwdriver later used as a tool in a break-in or a stabbing be sent to prison too?
  • I bet this guy will be really popular with the other students, sorry, convicts in gunsmithing school, oops, I meant prison.....
Keith

Sentenced for Life and must serve a minimum of 11 years?

I always thought "Life" should mean you stay there until you die.

Steve.

Sentenced for Life and must serve a minimum of 11 years?

I always thought "Life" should mean you stay there until you die.

Steve.

Me too

Disarmed population + well armed criminals + revolving door prisons = high crime rate

Banana republic's politician's response: Prison doesn't work*, so lets not use it, let's concentrate on banning anything that looks like it might be a gun:nutter:

*on basis that released prisoners go and commit more crime....

Keith

I'll bet that most of their murderers don't get life. The pol's don't feel threatened by them.

I think "life" for this would fail under the cruel and unusual punishment clause of the US Constitution.

Last edited:
He was indeed a "subject" of her Majesty and the Govt of that Bannana Republic.

PvtRyan is 99% sure they [ATFE]watch homegunsmith.com.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if agencies in several countries are keeping a careful watch over sites like this, in case their peasants are doing things they dis approve of.

I fully expect to be on several "watch closely" lists, for my interests and opinions.

Keith

He was indeed a "subject" of her Majesty and the Govt of that Bannana Republic.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if agencies in several countries are keeping a careful watch over sites like this, in case their peasants are doing things they dis approve of.

I fully expect to be on several "watch closely" lists, for my interests and opinions.

Keith

i bet we are ,,but i ain't doing anything ,,i don't need the trouble

It's well worth reading through some of the background links and picking up the rest of the story.

He spent near or a bit more than $100, 000 on blank firing MAC 10's which he converted back to fire live ammo. Not replicas as we would normally think of replicas, but rather real firearms that were converted to non-firearm status. Probably not what you would normally consider a difficult job, if you were at all conversant in metalwork.

The amount he spent is a bit staggering, to me, at aproxiamately 550 pounds per unit. For his investment he could have bought a milling center and been building them from scratch, with no one the wiser. Probably a good thing that he was kind of dumb, or he'd still be at it, eh?

His level of stupidity is somehat striking, too. Really. How long did he think he could keep this up before the guns started being traced back to the outfit that had converted them to blank firing "replicas".

Great police work.:rolleyes5: The occupants of the house found the stuff and reported it to the police.

Cheers
Trev

The guys sounds like a idiot, but I have one question. How can that idiot put his hands on $100,000 (british pounds no less) and there is no way on earth this idiot (me) could put his hands on anywhere NEAR that kind of scratch! For a while there I guess crime did pay for that tick turd.

Thats the sort of guy who gets ALL replicas banned here Even the plastic airsoft /paintball ones Which are easily converted to live firing (or so the government told us) Since I reside in Portsmouth, I sent a letter to our local MP whos supportting these laws to go visit a precision firearms manufacturer(oddly located in her district) and ask for their opinion on how safe a steel barrel would be inside a low impact plastic replica. I never did get a reply

Thats the sort of guy who gets ALL replicas banned here Even the plastic airsoft /paintball ones Which are easily converted to live firing (or so the government told us) Since I reside in Portsmouth, I sent a letter to our local MP whos supportting these laws to go visit a precision firearms manufacturer(oddly located in her district) and ask for their opinion on how safe a steel barrel would be inside a low impact plastic replica. I never did get a reply

Don't confuse the issue with facts!

Over here what you call "replica" firearms would be called demilled.

Last edited:
Don't confuse the issue with facts!

Over here what you call "replica" firearms would be called demilled.

The sad thing is that the British news media don't know one end of a gun from the opposite end of a donkey:crazy:

here's an example of one of the British National Daily papers calling a Makarov "a revolver":rolleyes5:http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/the_way_we_live/article4359522.ece

I think (from the few details provided) the "mac 10"s were manufactured as blank firers, and the cretin was modifying them sufficeintly to fire a bullet, I'm not sure what calibre blank or live they worked with though.

If it had been a (is it 7mm or 8mm?) RF blank and the thing was converted to chamber 9mmP the thing would be almost as dangerous to the firer as the target:nutter:

Ireland with a poulation of just over 4 million has just made some big seizures of guns and grenades headed for their gangsters and drug dealers:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0904/netherlands.html

Note the "Laser guided firearms"

And in the next one "capable of firing 1,000 rounds a minute".....yes,but only if you can change mags at the speed of light....
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/0904/breaking60.html.

So much for trying to keep the population disarmed:bawling: Criminal gangs are no threat to politicians with 24 hour armed guards, but apparently the honest population is a considered a threat to politicians:confused:

Keith

The honest population is a threat to corrupt politicians. The gangsters are allowed to exist by those politicians to keep the ordinary folks afraid and dependent upon the gov't to protect them (a job they don't do very well.)

Uk Laws

I am not a lawyer but a reader.uk considers life 25 yrs.if I am wrong uk readers can correct me.
the guns are real stens converted to air guns.stens cost $4.to make new.full auto is the easiest to make as you dont need any thing but a trigger.:cheers:

Back