What's new
What's new

Magazine Tube Removal - Winchester SX4 Shotgun

Scottl

Diamond
Well, neatness counts, especially your work area.

While cleaning my SX4 I accidentally dropped something that struck the top of the magazine tube and dented it just before the increase in diameter at the receiver.

I tried to remove the dent with a homemade swage and was partially successful but there is still enough of a sharp crease that it interferes with the follower. Replacement tubes are cheap enough but I would like advice on removal. On previous models it seems that technique was to heat it with a heat gun and then twist the tube out.

Anyone done this on an SX3 or SX4?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Well, neatness counts, especially your work area.

While cleaning my SX4 I accidentally dropped something that struck the top of the magazine tube and dented it just before the increase in diameter at the receiver.

I tried to remove the dent with a homemade swage and was partially successful but there is still enough of a sharp crease that it interferes with the follower. Replacement tubes are cheap enough but I would like advice on removal. On previous models it seems that technique was to heat it with a heat gun and then twist the tube out.

Anyone done this on an SX3 or SX4?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
pretty sure the X4 is threaded , look real close for any pins or set screws that maybe locking the tube in place. Receiver is aluminum and I believe the tube is steel so you have that fight right there, The browning gold is a similar design. My browning gold the mag tube came loose with just a strap wrench and a solid hold on the receiver in a well padded vice.

Back