What's new
What's new

Full Thomspon SMG machinist blueprints

brianklein

Aluminum
Does anyone have these prints include Bolt, Barrel, Sear, Trigger, and Disconnector in addition to the upper and lower reciever

Only if you're a Type 07 FFL (Manufacturer) and SOT (fun stuff tax).

And even then you need a 'love letter'.

So, unless brian is thinking of a semi-auto version, actually building one is HIGHLY illegal.

(assuming he's not a license holder)

If you subscribe to www.homegunsmith.com I believe M1928 drawings for the receiver and the frame are in the library. Don't think I've ever seen drawings for the other parts.

It is no longer possible to build a legal, full auto for yourself and hasn't been since 1986.

Steve.

Manufactuer can build Full Auto, but can't sell to anyone who does not have a approval letter.

Can not keep anything built (Full Auto) after license expires, must sell to someone with letter/ another Manufactuer etc.

Can be pretty $$ to get and keep Licence.

Thompson Semi Receiver (and other) dimensions are way different and Full Auto dim's won't be much use.

BATF does not like receivers that can accept Full Auto parts (they consider them Machineguns)

In old days when it was legal ...many Semi guns were legally converted ..but, most were kind of one off oddball specials involving modified Semi and Full Auto parts to fit Semi receivers.

Looking quickly through New York State laws... looks like even a Semi can be a problem due to A Semi Thompson being an Assault rifle.(State Law not to expire with sunset of AWB). Get a headache reading all that junk..

I won't be moving to NY or CA or WA or ........ :(

for thompson drawings and books . doug richardson in malibu ca

I dont know if he is still in buisnnes but he used to offer a catalog for 5 dollars
it was worth the money if you are intrested in thompson's

Is doug still around? Link is dead.
Doug Richardson? Passed away in 2021
He was the master of TSMG recievers.

If you subscribe to www.homegunsmith.com I believe M1928 drawings for the receiver and the frame are in the library. Don't think I've ever seen drawings for the other parts.

It is no longer possible to build a legal, full auto for yourself and hasn't been since 1986.

Steve.
if you have the correct ffl you can build one for yourself

Back