What's new
What's new

Anyone Near Tulsa, OK?

skeeks

Aluminum
Hey everyone. I'm brand new to this forum but have been shooting for a while. I am looking for someone to teach me how to chamber a rifle barrel. I have been reading, asking questions and watching all sorts of videos for about a year now and I believe I fully understand the process, however I have never physically laid hands on a lathe. I am hoping some one may willing to walk me though the process and teach me some machining basics. I'd be willing to drive a couple hours if someone is willing to help. I have a couple shot out barrels to cut on as well. I use a custom action that doesn't require counter boring, just cut the tennon, thread, reaming and cutting some chamfers. Thats it for my action.

Unfortunately the area I live in doesn't offer any technical night classes for machining so thats not an option.

what kind of money are you looking to spend on learning, your only about 4 hours from gordy gritters, he offers classes few times a year.

what kind of money are you looking to spend on learning, your only about 4 hours from gordy gritters, he offers classes few times a year.

Preferably none. I'm a full time college student (also a veteran) who shoots for a veteran shooting team on the side. I really don't have time nor the money to take a class. The idea behind all this is to hopefully find someone who is willing to show me the ropes. If I don't thats ok. This can wait until I can afford to learn, no a big deal.

Back