What's new
What's new

Remington 31 Trouble

Gazz

Stainless
I was given a Remington 31 pump gun in 12 gauge the was held together with electricians tape at the take down barrel nut deal. I took the tape off and found that it was missing a pin/screw thing which I had to make as Numrich did not have them. So I am trying to put it back to gether and find that I cannot get the barrel to lock up properly and think that I may be missing some other parts as well, maybe a spring. What I have now is the mag spring, the mag spring retainer, the home made cross pin/screw and the knurled "nut" thing. There are two pins on the barrel lug that seem to want to line up with holdes in the knurled nut thing but I can't get the "nut" to move forward enough. I have not been able to locate any exploded drawings on this gun. Anybody have any links to a diagram or any other insight that might be helpful to me? Thanks!

I have a model 31 in 20ga. Send me an email with an address and I can send some pictures of the area where the barrel engages the slide mechanism. The 31 is a great gun. Mine was the first "big" shotgun I was given as a kid.

Joel
[email protected]

I was given a Remington 31 pump gun in 12 gauge the was held together with electricians tape at the take down barrel nut deal. I took the tape off and found that it was missing a pin/screw thing which I had to make as Numrich did not have them. So I am trying to put it back to gether and find that I cannot get the barrel to lock up properly and think that I may be missing some other parts as well, maybe a spring. What I have now is the mag spring, the mag spring retainer, the home made cross pin/screw and the knurled "nut" thing. There are two pins on the barrel lug that seem to want to line up with holdes in the knurled nut thing but I can't get the "nut" to move forward enough. I have not been able to locate any exploded drawings on this gun. Anybody have any links to a diagram or any other insight that might be helpful to me? Thanks!

You can try here
http://www.e-gunparts.com/products_new.asp?CatID=5661

They used to sell a entire catalog with schematics in it for a wide range of guns. While it didn't tell you how to put it together or take it apart, it did show the parts that were there.

I noticed the picture of the schematic didn't come through, but you may be able to call them and get one.

Hope that helps

Hi There,

The Remington 31 was made in three different series
(series 1=1931-1936. series 2=1936-1940,
series 3=1941-1949).

Many parts from one series do not interchange with
parts made in a different series. So, make sure you
check the series of your gun. Seeing yours is a 20ga.,
the serial number ranges for the different series are:

Series 1=500.000 to 519,600,
Series 2=519,601 to 530,000,
Series 3=530,001 and above.