What's new
What's new

remimngton model 581 clip problems?

hawg

Plastic
Hi, Everyone,
Iam in need of the internal parts that fit on a rem 581 22 bolt action that hold the clip in. also in need of a clip. the parts are there but i think one is broken and wont hold onto the clip you push it in and it wll just fall out. anyone have any of the parts i need let me know and a price thanks:cheers: Hawg

Well what you need is the magazine retainer but yer SOL from Western Gun Parts and Numrich as Remington stopped producing them about 12 years back if memory serves. Your going to have to hit Ebay and the gun shows and pray you can find one in some ones tickle trunk or have some one make one for you. The best material to make them from is 1070 annealed stock or in a pinch, Mauser magazine springs. Mill the square hole with a 1/8 carbide burr. You will have to make the retainer hole wider than the original because of the radius on the burr. I charge $100.00 to make them so don't be surprised when you get a quote from your gunplummer. I think the clips are out of production too but I still see them at the distributors. I think whats going on is that CBC Brazil made some knock offs of the Nylon 77 and Nylon 10 and I believe they take the same mag as the 581 / 541 / 541C / 541HB. Only the 10 shots seam to be floating around now. I know the ones being sold today have a habit of coming unglued and falling apart which the true Remington ones never did. Hence, the Brazilian theory.

Back