What's new
What's new

a blunder buss kit for beginners?

i_r_machinist

Titanium
I asked my son what he wanted for his 16th birthday and he blind sides me with "blunder buss". I counter offer with another AK47. Nope.
"How about we build you a nice cannon".
"We have two already. Plus I can use the cannon powder in the blunderbuss."
So..
I've googled the kits and have found one good kit for about $900, but it says not for beginners, and several kits that say "plastic" or "scale". Can someone recommend a good kit?
thanks
i_r_

That is pretty cool looking. I'll show it to him this evening. He has recently got into watching those "doomsday preppers" on TV. I'm going to ask him if he's seen any of those guys with a blunder buss. I would like to do a kit gun with him, just not sold on the practicality of "blunder buss". Especially when I could throw another hundred on that and have another ak laying around the house.
thanks
i_r_

I suspect accuracy of the pole cannon would improve if it were operated as a crew-served weapon.

The person aiming the cannon would be towards the end of the pole, sighting down the pole, with a 2nd person tapping/lighting the fuses.

Now that you mention it, Has there been a new "pirates of the Caribbean" come out lately? He already has a sword.
Did you tell the grandsons which saw would be better for bone? Course or fine cut?
have fun
i_r_machinist

Fortunately, in our world most boys are discovered by girls and start to grow up, rather than short-circuiting to RPG's and failing to do.
One of the neighborhood girls has that "pregnant by the 9th grade" air about her. She's not allowed on the property without adult female supervision, and I've had many talks with the boy about becoming a teenage dad. If he wants to play with a gun instead of her, I'm all for it!
have fun
i_r_
PS. I can totally see a coach gun in our future.

Back