What's new
What's new

Marlin 336 Trigger

Froneck

Titanium
Hi, I have been making trigger shoes for the 1911 45ACP. Competition guys like them and being a pistol competition shooter myself I understand the trigger system well!
I received a request online from someone requesting a shoe to be made for the older Marlin 336 Rifle.
Does anyone know the width and front to back thickness of the trigger? The radius up/down and any left to right? the length will help too.

Frank

Hi GGaskill. I offered to meet the customer as he is only 40 miles away but I'm told the rifle is in Texas at his son's home. They hunt together in TX so he leaves it there rather that have to transport it since he flies down. Airports and guns don't get along, Add DHS and you may never get to where you intended going!
Would appreciate your help!
Thanks
Frank

I'm waiting for GGaskill, He seems to have the gun and can get the information. If he can't then we can try your 1894. I'm told Ace #6 shoe will fit the Marlin 336

Sorry, I forgot about this last night. I will send myself an email reminder to do it tonight.

However, are you familiar with the Marlin trigger system? At least in the old ones, the sear is not rigidly connected to the trigger and the addition of a trigger shoe may cause problems.

I'm not very familiar with the Marlin trigger system, My knowledge is limited to competition pistols especially the 1911 45 ACP.
The guy wants a Ace #6 so I'm just going to take the 45 shoe and fit it to the Marlin trigger. My shoe is very similar to the Ace #9 (I think) I copied it except I have a smooth flat face, No radius left to right but same radius up and down.
Let me know what the problems are so when I give the guy the shoe I let him know what to expect and look out for.
Frank

On my Marlin 336, serial no. 2201xxxx, the trigger is .273" wide, hangs from the receiver (trigger guard plate) .827" and calculates to a radius of .506", which considering the tendency of people to do things to even fractions, may actually be .500".

Yes, it does. I will see if I can measure it but it does not seem so extreme that the cut in a shoe would need to duplicate it.

Back