What's new
What's new

Do any of you make an M14/M1a/Garand action wrench or 1.100 barrel vise you sell ?

geardoc

Cast Iron
So Far West In NC I might just be in TN or GA
I was hoping I might find someone to make a pair and has done it and I won't screw up. If you can or do, please hit me up and let me know the price and if you take paypal. I'm serious about buying.

I made a top half for an M14/M1A type receive but the bottom half I'm not happy with and not going forward with buying the rest of the steel to make the arm/bar/wrench part.

So I'd rather not ruin the parkerizing on a receiver if anyone HERE makes one. I just wanted to find out if there was a Practical Machinist source- ie I'd trust them more.

So if anyone does make them please do contact me.

If you cant make them yourself, Brownells or Midway are the cheapest rout to go. Use thin cardboard or masking tape to protect receiver finish.

The best one to use is the one the CMP sells. It basically an open faced wrench that slips over from the side. The reason the side is important is the Badger ordinance gauges I use to index the receiver with the barrel requires them to be facing up. A standard action wrench the handle is down so its hard to watch the level bubble when reaching down trying to give it that "just enough". A wrench sticking out sideways is easier.

Back