What's new
What's new

Dont know if I should post a new build because of negative TROLLS! ???

vettepicking

Hot Rolled
im doing a demilled re-weld build and would like to show how its coming out. But don't really need negative opinions because im not asking for help or advise. I really don't feel like reading negative posts from armchair gunsmithing forum TROLLS...... Am I wrong?

im doing a demilled re-weld build and would like to show how its coming out. But don't really need negative opinions because im not asking for help or advise. I really don't feel like reading negative posts from armchair gunsmithing forum TROLLS...... Am I wrong?
How about starting the thread like this.
1. That is coming out real nice.
2. I really liked the unobtainium inlay.
3. Very nice.
Tell the readers to reply using only the numbers 1, 2, or 3.
Yes, very wrong. You are putting it out for the world to see. Grow thicker skin. Or wrap your head in tin foil, that will give you the perspective you need.

That is what the "Ignore" button is for. The tin foil around the head only works for blocking NSA low wattage scans. If the unobtainium isn't tactical grade, I wouldn't mention it. Thicker skin seems to be the key.
I would like to see some pics.
Have fun
i_r_

How would you like to get flamed real hard without even posting some cool pics? Hint:you're about to get it

You candy ass, thin skinned, mamas boys are ruining our forum....:codger:

Jk. post away.

It's the internet, unfortunately. Scroll on past the jerks and value those who give attaboys and want to 'talk shop' rather than critique/criticize if you're not going for that. Some people can't help buy point out what they'd do differently.

I used to be like that, honestly. I always looked at things and thought "Here's what I would do better, what I could improve on, and I have a couple ideas for improving xxx". Hell, I still think all that, but I've learned to keep my yap shut more, and be polite and helpful. I don't share those thoughts unless asked, now. ha. :)

Meh you get trolled for everything. Trick is finding the golden nuggets of
corn in the pile of chit surrounding it. Internet gave idiots a voice. Suck it up princess. ;-)
As for your build, would love to see it!

Because it is a public forum you need to be able to accept criticism or allow discussion of alternative methods. Imagine if someone came to this site looking for the best way to do something and they stumbled across a thread filed with bad information? They might take off with that idea and end up with something that doesn't work, or worse yet, something that is dangerous.

I would never tear down someone for work they post or information they don't yet know but I think its borderline irresponsible to not leave it open to discussion.

I would like to see your build. Tell the trolls to get fucked. Only listen to those that actually impart value to your thread. And yes, negative sounding comments can still impart value. You can't only listen to those who say what you want to hear.

Well that about sums it up. Fishing was fun, The trolls jumped into the boat.

Not quite sure what you are up to. I thought the comments were mostly positive. I'm not a gunsmith, I work on my own stuff and help friends with minor repairs but I always enjoy seeing how the pros do it. I have fired re-welds at machine gun shoots and although the process has been described to me I would love to see how it is done just for curiosity sake.

If you are not serious perhaps someone else less concerned about "trolls" will post a build. This is a public forum and experience, techniques and skills vary widely. I have always enjoyed seeing the different methods people on this forum use to solve problems and am grateful to Milacron for hosting such an interesting site.

If your goal was to troll under the disguise of whining about trolls: Go stab yourself with a fork.
If your first post was on the level: Stop being such a crybaby. Poor little thing, imagine getting a few undeserved sour grapes on the Internet. Oh, the humanity...

So either put up or shut up. The only thing more annoying than trolls are the ones whining about trolls.

I think what needs to have been said about trolls has been said, so I will motor on.

I will add the following quote from T. Roosevelt:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

Last edited:
Ummmmm.....

Really? What a bitch. Are you that insecure that you have to shout to the world that you don't care and don't want opinions? Why the fuck are you on any forum, period.

Did you put your thong on backwards?

We'd all love to see pictures. Why are you begging for attaboys?

Besides, the work should speak for itself.

Back