What's new
What's new

Gambles Hammerless, 12ga. Single shot

wdbutcher

Plastic
One of the most unique features of the gun is that the barrel is not tapered all the way to the breech face. The 30” barrel is tapered for 26.5”, then it is machined to the contour of the receiver. ALL other Savage Model 220’s 12 Ga. shotguns that we have found, the barrel is tapered all the way to the breech face. Breech opening lever only works to the right, not ambidextrous. Re-cocks and safety is retuned to “safe” after open, close cycle. Ejector works perfectly. The barrel latch mechanism is not the normal “S” spring, rather a straight spring system that always pushes the barrel towards the breech face. Fore-arm wood is much thinner than Gamble’s ad pics. If you could help solve mystery of this old shotgun I would be very happy. This is much different in looks and features than any of the Savage Model 220 12 Ga. shotguns in the old Gamble’s ads, and any other info we have been able to find. Thanks for looking. If there is anything else I can do to help you more please advise.

Concerning the pics.

On the receiver…Left side…GAMBLE”S ACE
Right side…GAMBLE”S STORES
On the barrel…on the round…T.J.H.

On the flats…12…WBP
Ser. No…16928
Patent Applied For

Barrel Hook…G
Fore Arm Lock…T3009…G…16928
Fore Arm (wood)…G

Hope this is enough to tell Me what this old shotgun is, and what it’s future will be. All of the functions work perfectly, and the bore is in great shape. Either I will restore for use (fits Me perfectly) or leave it as is, if it is significant. Thanks for looking… Sorry I can't figure out how to get pics up. Maybe I could email them to you if you have any idea what I have. Thanks

Back