What's new
What's new

Greetings from CO!

ECCOmachine

Plastic
Hi all, thought I'd introduce myself here, given much of the focus in my machining. Some of you may be familiar with me on my YouTube channel by the same name I'm using here, but for those who are not, a little bio from this occasional lurker who decided to go ahead and sign up.

I'm a 35 year old self taught hobbyist turned professional who is slowly transitioning from a two decade career in automotive to general machining and gunsmithing. I've been working metal since I was a kid, but got serious about the game 3 years ago when I acquired my Lagun FTV-2 and Hardinge HCT. One of these days I'll get into CNC, but at this time I still too enjoy cranking handles and doing new and different things all the time. Plus I hate CAD, get quickly annoyed with parameters and limitations. I have built a few things from designs I did in Fusion 360 and Solidworks, but would still rather sketch and draft.

I do a little bit of everything, whatever people bring me, from reproducing crappy cast ag equipment parts in billet to completely custom on-off projects, precision barrel chambering & threading and, of course, my personal gun builds.

Scratch gun builds:

Home%20builds_zpsmnqsodt0.jpg

The 9mm pack rifle is definitely a popular one. Looks better in Cerakote, too!

IMG_1874_zpsf6eoctzw.jpg

This is my set up

IMG_2030_zpsz7enl7el.jpg

Love my Lagun

IMG_1661_zpssk3gxeuh.jpg

The Hardinge with AT attachment:

IMG_1924_zpshcbpqini.jpg

My 1920s (I think) Rahn-Larmon 16 x 60, which I put a 3 HP 3,500 RPM single phase on to get a better spindle speed range (now 32-1020 RPM) and a little more grunt.

IMG_2072_zpsj4qxzw0a.jpg

And the little Atlas 618 I wanted as a shop ornament, and to teach my young boys on.

IMG_1957_zpsxajcx8uq.jpg

Anywho, I look forward to learning and sharing here!

Are you the guy that had the parking lot rendezvous with Mark Serbu? Those guns look familiar.....

Yes. My youngest and I. He's very enthusiastic about guns and 'chines (that's what he calls them)

IMG_20170501_112335217_HDR_zpsqvttqho5.jpg

My oldest is as well

Noble%20amp%20I_zpsb8ecfme5.jpg

Doing my part to ensure that manual machining doesn't become a lost art!

Back