What's new
What's new

Gun parts sorce

ahall

Stainless
I ran into someone at the Tulsa Gun Show last weekend who was selling firearms with cut receivers on line.

This was not the usual demilled AKs and other military pieces.

It looked like modern guns that were part of a police turn in program or something similar.
All with saw cut receivers, missing major sections, but otherwise complete vacuum packed on white cardboard..

True to form I got his card and lost it before I got home.
I cant find the website, despite hours of looking.

Any thought on where to find it?

I have a project that his product might fit nicely into, if the price is right.

Thanks in advance

I don't know about the specific guy you spoke to, but you can find plenty of similar parts on gunbroker, if you search for "parts kit."

https://www.gunbroker.com/Gun-Parts-Kits/search?Keywords=parts kit&Sort=13&PageSize=24

For specifically police turn in guns, it seems like a few (presumably related) sellers with variations on the name "gunbusters" dominate that market. Their auctions end every Sunday afternoon-evening. They don't usually include any pieces of destroyed receivers, though.

The parts kits sometimes come from people that have shredders to destroy confiscated weapons. These people bid a destruction fee of so much per firearm. They strip the frames of all parts to sell for extra profit. The shredder has a video setup and takes a "picture" of the serial as the frame is dropped into the shredder to prove it was destroyed.

Back