What's new
What's new

Need Help With Comparison

hammertime99

Plastic
I'm new to gunsmithing. Can somebody show me the difference between all of the parts of an average bull barrel .22 rifle and a 7.62x39 sks rifle disessembled? I know they are very different but I am going to try to put .22 bull barrel parts into an sks stock. Just a little project I'm tryin':)

It isn't clear to me what you want to do here. Do you mean putting a .22 LR barreled action into an SKS stock? A repeater? A bolt action? Need more details. Do you have any of the pieces already?

I'm new to gunsmithing. Can somebody show me the difference between all of the parts of an average bull barrel .22 rifle and a 7.62x39 sks rifle disessembled? I know they are very different but I am going to try to put .22 bull barrel parts into an sks stock. Just a little project I'm tryin':)

It would probably be better to get a book on stock making or otherwise learn about it on the Internet, buy a piece of wood, and make a custom stock for your 22 rifle that has the lines of an SKS stock. Can't imagine how this is going to look like anything other than something cobbled together by someone who was new to gunsmithing.

Steve

'.22 bull barrel' equals 10-22 with a 'standard' .812 barrel on it would be my guess. I've got an SKS stock sitting here collecting dust. No idea where it came from, or why I have it. But probably the standard Chinese Lauan (Mahogany) they all have. Would be easier for me to mail the damn thing to you than find my 10-22 and see how it fits. Would fit a flat rate box if I sawed it in half ;-)

But if you're trying to match a stock design of an SKS and 10-22, there are aftermarket stocks that are similar. Dragunov or 'AR' designs are common. Didn't find any SKS stock profiles for a 10-22. And probably for good reason.

Back