What's new
What's new

Interesting Greener

Hello GGaskill, took me so long to get the photo posted I had no time to type in some details. It is actually a straight forward shotgun. No rifling. It has a Sako rifle front ramp and what looks like a Winchester mod 70 rear sight. These are obviously not original but somebody has made a neat job of fitting them. What makes it very different from all the other Damascus Greener hammer shotguns that I have seen is the size of the receiver. It is massive. Much the same size and bulk that one would expect on a .577 black powder double rifle. There has been much speculation as to why this is so. Maybe it originally had a set of rifle barrels as well? Any other ideas anyone? Was in shocking condition when it came in. Action loose, fore end falling off, stock badly cracked, loose ribs and covered with rust. I think the barrels have also been shortened. I have tightened it up, fitted a Silvers pad, re-ribbed and re-browned the barrels as best as I can. The collector owner seems pleased with the result.

How do you possibly keep your shop that neat and clean? Where are all those bits and pieces that must be kept for a future job? Envious, Clark

Clark, you are looking at the neat part of the shop. Behind the camera there are boxes and boxes and more boxes of gun spares, tooling, equipment and bits and pieces. I am also lucky in that I do have lots of space. That is going to change though as I plan to move my business home in the next few years. Saturday morning is devoted to cleaning the shop and the machines. No work is allowed until this has been done. Thanks for the compliment though.

Back