What's new
What's new

Tactical light on a paintball gun?

JND

Aluminum
I have a tactical light coming,that I anticipate being a standard site rail,and my gun has Picatinny rails.Has anyone here made an adaptor,are they readily availiable? Are there any pics of the adaptors? I want to get this done before the next full moon,but it has to be a nice piece also. Ideas?

Clamp a tactical 12ga or 20ga barrel mount to the barrel and get the light out in front of your frame where it's supposed to be. If your barrel doesn't have holes all the way back, it would work good. That'll free up your rail for your red dot--oh yeah!!

That would work,but I like to be able to remove the barrell fast to clean out while in game.The light will have a finger switch for activation,by the trigger,so it needs to have a permanent home.The gun has rails on all four sides of the forgrip so rail space isn't an issue.I'll try to get a pic of the gun on today so you can see what I'm dealin with.Who knows,maybe it will come with an adaptor:rolleyes5:Yeah right,I don't have that kind of luck.
JND.

I think I know what you're dealing with, but most paintball guns use a 3/8" sight rail-as in rimfire/pellet/bbgun. Most tactical rails are weaver or picatinny. I use universal rails to add on. Match the rail surface to the foregrip(or vice versa). Aluminum rails will work fine, just countersink and drill the rail, then drill and tap the foregrip to match. You can cut the rail to what you need and probably have enough left over for another add-on(or maybe 2). Weaver universals are only about $10.

:o So I feel a little silly.The light came in today and,uh...well..just snapped right on the gun! No big deal! It even came with a bracket to clamp on the barrell if you don't have rails. I'll have to find something else to make,and go take my aggressions out on someone trying to hide in the dark!:D
Here she is in stock format with the light.
carbs 005.jpg

Back