What's new
What's new

Machining top slide for Romeo1

Shalerson

Plastic
I am not a gunsmith, but I am a machinist. I'm looking for information regarding machining the top-slide of a Sig Sauer P226 to accommodate a Romeo1 red dot. I'm not afraid to try this, if I "kill" it, I can always buy a new slide. Never the less, if someone has done it, I would appreciate some advice.

Shalerson, I have not installed the Romeo model, but I do machine slides for the others. I might be able to help.

Andy

Thanks Andy! I have a P226 MK, 9mm. I want to mount the Romeo1. My question is regarding the machined depth. I'm guessing that I will breach the spring-hole associated with the firing pin, but I'm wondering about the cut outs meant to lighten the slide. I read many posts that recommend suppressor sights as co-witness, I suppose I could develop a machined depth based on the suppressor height? Any advice would be appreciated. How do they cut? Are the rails parallel with the sights? In other words, can I set up on parallels? Trying to gain my courage that it's just another machining project. Thanks in advance.

Back