What's new
What's new

Marlin 30-30 part?

FiveO-Fab

Plastic
I disassembled my Marlin lever action (I believe 336) 30-30 for cleaning and came upon this spring, on the bench, when I was finished. I don't recall it falling out of the weapon and I can't I.d. it looking at the illustrated part breakdown of the Marlin. Do any of you recognize the spring? This is a new firearm recently added to my collection so very unfamiliar with it. Thanks. Andy.

Attachments

• IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 211
Didn't think the spring came from the marlin. I'm sure someone would have i.d it if they knew what it is. Thanks.

Extractor clip

Nope, extractor clip is present and in good shape. I actually cleaned, inspected, and assembled the firearm and everything checks out (cycles nicely). That curved piece of metal fell off the coil piece, next to it, in photo. Don't know what it is, or how it got on my bench, so will put it aside and it will remain a mystery.

Frankly what it LOOKS like is a chip from a broaching or shaping operation. Although I have never seen anything like that in a finished firearm before, I have seen similar chips in other things (equipment). I also have now clue how old this firearm is. The older it is the less likely this this is to be a correct answer.

Back