What's new
What's new

Mauser single shot .22LR

Rstewart

Stainless
I came across a what I'm pretty sure is a Mauser KKW 22LR. It has a updated sporter stock and a really nice peep sight. The rifle itself looks almost Unused and the bore is perfect.
I can't find too much info on these rifles, would anyone care to throw a price out there for this gun? I know it's probably worth less as it has a different stock and not-factory peep.

Would you put these in a "target rifle" category? I sold my Remington 541-T a few years ago, and looking for a replacement.

Fairly valuable in original condition, sporterized not so much. I've recently seen originals priced $1000-2000. I haven't seen a cut one sell lately.

Likely won't approach the accuracy of the Remington but you'll just have to shoot it to see how it does.

My uncle had one when I was a kid and used to let me shoot it. He liked that it was single shot for a newbie.

I found it to be very accurate, even as an inexperienced shooter. He probably still has it.

No idea of value.

Yea, I didn't know on the accuracy characteristics of those. For $799 I'll probably have to pass on it...

Thanks for the responses guys.

Any other recommendations on a <$900 Good bolt 22LR ?

CZ-USA has a bunch of nice 22 bolt guns. Lots of stock and barrel configurations. I have a 452 model that has seen 5k+ rounds with nary a problem.

Ordering a CZ 455 Evolution .22 right now :typing:

Found one for $439!

Nice gun...
I like to clear the stock a dollar bill away from the barrel.

For a woods shooter I put on a full size rifle scope.

Most people think my 10/22 is a bigger gun because of the scope size. Yes it is just a woods shooter.

Shooting match last year I tied for third but had forgot to use my secrete technique. That won’t happen again.

We had to draw a gun each day..some peep and some open sight.

Oh... my secrete technique...it is a secret

Grandson Alexander tied for first.. three came the same the score , then in a shoot out lost.

Back